A Hunter's Christmas

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    My hunting buddy has had a hard time this season getting out to hunt. In fact, he had been in the hospital for over a week until this past Thursday.

Guess he crawled his way out to the stand this morning because I got a text from him with a picture of a huge Christmas Eve doe he had just bagged. I think I had a bigger smile on my face than his even. This is a sport that has so many unexpected rewards and memories for a lifetime.

Merry Christmas to all and may we all stay in game!

Hoggin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Madisonville
    Nice.

We've had two members at our club get their first ever deer this season. One was an adult (better late than never) and the other a kid who bagged two does for his father who is too ill to hunt. 12 year old went to the camp for the weekend and bagged two deer for his family. Love it.

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Glad he was able to get out and in the field. We take our health for granted for sure. Blessed is the man that can get up and go to work each day.

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    We hear all the time about guys who "live to be in the woods, fish, hunt, etc" and just think that means they simply really enjoy it. I do believe though that there are those who literally do live to enjoy the outdoors. I have noticed the lack of longevity once it is taken away from them. Gives me a whole new appreciation for getting out on those days I can.

Hoggin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Madisonville
    The more time I spend in the woods the healthier I feel. It's noticeable. The air is better and the effect of more oxygen and less airborne debris can be felt. Call me crazy, but I think the lack of radio waves, wi-fi, etc. has something to do with it as well. Yeah, I know that seems odd to everyone under 30 and half the people older than 30, but there is something about getting in the woods that makes me feel healthier. Even after sleeping in a tent rather than my Serta mattress. Making coffee in my percolator and baked beans on the camp fire just after sunup is preferred to turning my coffee pot on and frying up some eggs on the stove. My wife and dog are not big fans of the coyotes at night, and I'm not a big fan of poison ivy, but it sure beats dusting fan blades and vacuuming carpet!

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Getting out in the stand erases all of my stressors for a few hours......really recharges my batteries!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom