OC'er got his gun snatched at Walmart

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    An incident involving a stolen gun caused a commotion at Walmart on Skibo Road on Thursday afternoon.

About 3 p.m., Fayetteville police spokeswoman Asia Cannon said, inaccurate information based on radio scanner traffic began circulating about a shooting at the Walmart. Officers arrived and discovered that a man had grabbed a gun off another man who was open-carrying the weapon. The man who grabbed the gun then ran off.

During the incident, someone yelled out in the business about a gun, and a commotion broke out. Cannon said one Walmart employee was treated by emergency personnel for an asthma attack. No one else was injured.

Cannon said the man who stole the gun was last seen running toward Yadkin Road. The incident remains under investigation, and police are searching for the man. Anyone with information is asked to call Crimestoppers at 483-TIPS (8477).

Monica Vendituoli

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/20171222/stolen-gun-at-walmart-causes-panic

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Recently I was in line at academy and there was a older guy with his XD in its XD belt holster at the 4 o’clock position. He was loud and obnoxious, you know *that guy* that makes me feel some people shouldn’t be allowed to have firearms. Well anyway there was nothing to prevent anyone from taking his weapon. I’m standing behind him thinking I could get a better and quicker purchase on his pistol than he could. Oh well, all I could do was shake my head. Actually made eye contact with another guy in the line next to the one we were in and gave each other a look like we both couldn’t believe what we were seeing and hearing. He was bringing a lot of attention to himself.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Good thing this didn't happened while there was a fight between a group of land whales in a slidell walmart, Might of ended up as a homicide .

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    As much as I hope that this guy learned his lesson about retention holsters, let's not get into a bunch of victim blaming -- especially when it's one of our own. Unless, of course, none of us want to admit to ever having made a mistake.

Mike

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    This is a lesson to get a good holster, no matter what are how ya carry.
    There was a thread awhile back! Where someone lost a pistol, at a park bench at the North Shore lake front. Was like they stood up and it just fell out in the grass.
    I know I like to open Carry at my buddies place. He has a large property with snakes. Hate to loose a gun.
    I did keep a few cheapo's I have a Black Hawk Serpa for range. And His place. I gave 20 bucks used from someone that wanted to sell it. It was new in pack. No way would i carry open with it out and about.
    I See lots of Dreps with Uncle Mile, and cheap Uncle Mike copy's
    Thinking I could be a Professional Derp, and carry my SS Kimber 1911 in my Miami Classic with some dark shades. Yes that's the ticket

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    As much as I hope that this guy learned his lesson about retention holsters, let's not get into a bunch of victim blaming -- especially when it's one of our own. Unless, of course, none of us want to admit to ever having made a mistake.

Mike

If you're dumb enough to open carry, with or without a retention holster, then I don't classify them as "one of our own." Unless, of course, you open carry too.

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    Of the few people I have seen open carrying, none have had anything but a cheap ass holster that was not made specifically for their gun. I respect the right to open carry but with a forearm comes a responsibility. Don't open carry with a cheap generic holster that can allow your gun to be easily taken. And, unfortunately, all the people I have seen open carrying were also horribly out of shape and could have easily been overpowered. I am no fitness model but I try to be physically able to draw my gun smoothly and be ready. We have the right to our firearms but there is a responsibility that comes with something that can end a life.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Just another reminder to be aware of your surroundings- ALWAYS- even if you are carrying concealed. Should you be taken by surprise and rendered unable to respond (we've all seen examples of people victimized who were completely unaware they were being targeted), they will surely find a pistol in the waistband as they go for the wallet and anything else a POS might decide he wants.

Force yourself to learn and remember the right habits.

-Heat

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    This is a lesson to get a good holster, no matter what are how ya carry.
    There was a thread awhile back! Where someone lost a pistol, at a park bench at the North Shore lake front. Was like they stood up and it just fell out in the grass.
    I know I like to open Carry at my buddies place. He has a large property with snakes. Hate to loose a gun.
    I did keep a few cheapo's I have a Black Hawk Serpa for range. And His place. I gave 20 bucks used from someone that wanted to sell it. It was new in pack. No way would i carry open with it out and about.
    I See lots of Dreps with Uncle Mile, and cheap Uncle Mike copy's
    Thinking I could be a Professional Derp, and carry my SS Kimber 1911 in my Miami Classic with some dark shades. Yes that's the ticket

You're calling people derps, but open carry with a Serpa holster? That's the epitome of being a derp.

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    If you're dumb enough to open carry, with or without a retention holster, then I don't classify them as "one of our own." Unless, of course, you open carry too.

Then I must be a derp! I OC in a retention holster and I guess if you had your say you would kick me off this board!
    Wingate
    At least I don't call names

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom