Glocks can quickly become a money pit!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Soldier18d

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge
    What I have is a completely Customized Gen 4, Glock 21, 45 cal ($549). It comes in the original box with all the paperwork along with 3- 13 round high capacity magazines, backstraps etc. Trijicon night sights were installed ($159) then the weapon was sent to Blown deadline where it was Cerakoted in a custom subtle Camo covering the entire weapon and accessories, ($325). It was then sent to SSVI where it received the Premium Package for Glocks including the inner Glove Bevel, 360 degree texturing, hard edge bordering and custom stippling throughout the pistol ($695). A SSVI trigger including all trigger components and ZEV competition spring set at 2lb ($150). Streamlight TRL-1 HL ($169) Finally a threaded match grade Silenceco barrel ($225). I still have the original barrel issued when purchased. So I have over $2000 invested in this gun. My problem isn’t that it is beautiful and I love to look at it, reliability or it’s not a joy to shoot. My problem is who is going to spend $2000 on a damn Glock?Am I the only one who has fallen down this slippery slope again??

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I'm deff a glock man!!! 100% concealed carry,woods carry ect is glock.... But other than night sights $120, 3.5lb trigger $20, and extra mags $19 I'm done, lol ohh with there is the grip plug also $4...:mamoru:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    If it would make you feel better I’ll give you $800 cash for it and ease the pain of having to look at it and wonder if you made a good decision dumping that much into a Glock. Just trying to help. ;) Joking aside you are not alone.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Better sights and triggers here.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I have 4 currently. Theyre all not too far from being stock. All but one with upgraded sights. And the main 2 I use sport connectors and/or spring kits.

If you think upgrading glocks is addictive/expensive then you should try out a metal framed CZ platform....I know I know, its apples or oranges but you wont regret it!

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don't really get it ... if someone is going to invest $2K+ in a gun, why not just buy a higher-end gun to begin with? At least the higher end gun will still have resale value.

Reminds me of when I see a pimped out Honda. It's still a Honda.

Of course, to each their own. Resale is a priority to me, but I know not everyone feels the same way. So it's all good. :thumbsup:

Mike

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    What I have is a completely Customized Gen 4, Glock 21, 45 cal ($549). It comes in the original box with all the paperwork along with 3- 13 round high capacity magazines, backstraps etc. Trijicon night sights were installed ($159) then the weapon was sent to Blown deadline where it was Cerakoted in a custom subtle Camo covering the entire weapon and accessories, ($325). It was then sent to SSVI where it received the Premium Package for Glocks including the inner Glove Bevel, 360 degree texturing, hard edge bordering and custom stippling throughout the pistol ($695). A SSVI trigger including all trigger components and ZEV competition spring set at 2lb ($150). Streamlight TRL-1 HL ($169) Finally a threaded match grade Silenceco barrel ($225). I still have the original barrel issued when purchased. So I have over $2000 invested in this gun. My problem isn’t that it is beautiful and I love to look at it, reliability or it’s not a joy to shoot. My problem is who is going to spend $2000 on a damn Glock?Am I the only one who has fallen down this slippery slope again??

As can any firearm one takes a liking to. Or boats,cars or anything we can't live without.

BoudinKing

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    Lake charles Louisiana
    you got that right and you are not alone, i started out with just having a ruger sr9 for 10 years and then needed to have another gun so i ended up buying a glock and added a few extra mags, within a month i have bought 2 of almost every model glock they make and added 10 mags to each glock and added sights and little things here and there so yeah glock is a money pit. but ill never get rid of them

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I only have one Glock a G19 Gen 4 and I haven't done anything to it. I'll be shooting it in my up coming CHP renewal class

Gladesman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2017
    Rayville
    l have two Glocks, both 20s. One has been modified with a 6" barrel and long slide plus cerakote and a spring upgrade and night sights. The other has only a spring upgrade. I shoot heavy 10mm loads and need the heavier springs.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    My Glocks are all work carry guns so they stay bone stock except for sights. I wanted to try different setups so I got a Polymer80 frame and put the slide off my retired G17 on it. That one got a drop in CMC trigger, it's pretty nice.

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    abrx40hc1ulykiuy0k10.jpg

:D

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member