Keltek CMR-30?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Anyone have thoughts on this rifle?
    Have one hear at a LGS that has intrigued me.

Heard they aren’t reliable if dirty.

adc7c6aef23c37a1cf435e0932490f95.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    kel tec make better rifles than they do handguns.Nothing runs great dirty.
    You just have to be smarter than the firearm your using.

I love all my little kel tec rifles.And their customer service is awsum,
    Also the just right carbines are great little guns too.around 8 different
    variety's of pistol caliber barrels,easy to change out,all blowback operation.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Like most rimfires, clean does matter and quality of ammo. I've shot someones plenty with no problems. Get full-powered 40 grain ammo (like CCI) and just make sure you load the magazines correctly.

toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Kewl. Thx guys. I can pick one up while I’m NC for around $520 out the door.
    Sounds like a fun little rifle.
    I’ve never owned a 22...guess there’s always a first

toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Quick question to those that have fired/own one. No problems with the magazines? Nutfancy (albeit, 2 years ago) tore Keltek a new one for their magazine design/issues. Does anyone know if they've improved or changed the mags? Or was he just having issues related to operator error?

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    You have to carefully load the mags and make sure the rounds are seated correctly and do not bend the rims

toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Twinin...have you had personal experience with one?
    I definetly understand the “you absolutely have to load the mags correctly”...but just curious if you’ve had your hands on one.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    I have one and it's a great little rifle that can be used as a pistol. I've had no problems with firing or feeding. The mags are really stiff at first and you may have to load 20-25rds initially until the magazine settles. It's accurate enough for squirrel hunting with head shots and makes a great WMA rifle during small game seasons when hogs are about and you can only bring a rimfire or shotgun with you. Not to mention already threaded for a can.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I shot a family members many times and also own a PMR-30 (same mags). The CZ rifle is really nice too but only 10 round capacity

hunt4570

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2013
    I have one and it's a great little rifle that can be used as a pistol. I've had no problems with firing or feeding. The mags are really stiff at first and you may have to load 20-25rds initially until the magazine settles. It's accurate enough for squirrel hunting with head shots and makes a great WMA rifle during small game seasons when hogs are about and you can only bring a rimfire or shotgun with you. Not to mention already threaded for a can.

And exactly how do you use it as a pistol? Or are you just saying to shoot it with the stock retracted?

hunt4570

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2013
    I have a CMR 30 and also a PMR 30. The mags are the same and not been changed as far as I know. I've had my PMR for 4-5 years now, got 9 mags and they all work just fine if you load them per instructions.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I had no problems firing or feeding... no specific ammo requirements... It is "dirty"... meaning I got a lot of blowback, and even more when suppressed.

FullSizeR.jpg

I extended the front handguard by purchasing another set from KelTec and adding to the existing. made a HUGE difference in handling and looks. It allowed for a further forward grip and a little extra weight on the nose.

I also put a set of HK sights on that are rifle when up/pistol when folded... which worked great as well.

Last edited:

toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I had no problems firing or feeding... no specific ammo requirements... It is "dirty"... meaning I got a lot of blowback, and even more when suppressed.

View attachment 75203

I extended the front handguard by purchasing another set from KelTec and adding to the existing. made a HUGE difference in handling and looks. It allowed for a further forward grip and a little extra weight on the nose.

I also put a set of HK sights on that are rifle when up/pistol when folded... which worked great as well.

Dang! Sweet little rifle there!
    Glad to hear some positive news out there about this weapon. My experience has been great so far, myself.
    I’m trying to keep mine super light, so not going with the extra rail etc, myself.
    This rifle (soon to be SBR) will live in my SHFT go-bag. Just finished setting up my trust

Assuming the “pistol” sights are not usable with the optic etc on there.

Top Bottom