The Banned members -- When OT was "Fun"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    LSP972 aka Steve's grandson has been posting on there lately.

I miss some of the old guys I'm friends with some of them facebook. Some have FB pages that I'm on.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    By SVT you mean me? I’m still around.

Steve was a knowledgeable guy and hated to see his death. Lots of lost knowledge for sure. But I hated the condescending way he talked to people.

Mr James (JBP?) is still around and has tons of knowledge also. Super nice guy.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Sure I do...

Most pushed the boundries too far and refused to back off. Usually after repeated enforced breaks. I wouldn't say that many (any?) of the bans were unjustified.
    The ones you listed (wiht a few exceptions ) were not the ones that I'd say were missed. You came in a bit later than I did. The ones I'd say were a loss were Cat, Penguin, CajunTim, Micha (drawing a blank on his username), Pablo, Spanky, and of course Paul Gomez and LSP972.

What's missing on here are the discussions. The majority of the posts now are dry classifieds. No training reviews. No planned outings. No new equipment reviews.

Damn, what did the other guys do that they aren't missed too? lol

Those must be all nicknames too, unless someone really named their kid Spanky.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Ah, the good ole days. This place has lost a lot of its “real world experience” members for sure. Seems it’s turned into more of a craigslist than a gathering place for gun enthusiast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Ah, the good ole days. This place has lost a lot of its *real world experience* members for sure. Seems it’s turned into more of a craigslist than a gathering place for gun enthusiast.

Yep

- - - Updated - - -

By SVT you mean me? I’m still around.

Steve was a knowledgeable guy and hated to see his death. Lots of lost knowledge for sure. But I hated the condescending way he talked to people.

Mr James (JBP?) is still around and has tons of knowledge also. Super nice guy.

We can't let James go anywhere

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    What if I said I knew where those guys were and you could still interact with them....?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds intriguing

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    I really miss the good ol days of the board. This sight learned me a lot and got my firearm interest up, while keeping me entertained

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    What if I said I knew where those guys were and you could still interact with them....?

See, I wanted to insert a Gif rather easily to respond to you, except it’s hard on this format. The other, notsomuch

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    If they all went to Facebook, I don't blame them. FB is killing forums, and it doesn't help that this forum is really slow.

I haven't been here long, but there are zero threads on anything related to carrying a firearm, other than some grumpy people arguing laws.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Site administration successfully got rid of most of the drama. The drama caused posting and traffic.
    Combine that with the typical attitude of people that are into modern guns this is what you get. And by that I mean everyone is so quick to judge and knock someone else’s choice of weapon.
    Freshwater Fishing attracts a different crowd. A fishing forum for example will have people that have invested tons of money into the hobby and never stops researching. But then there are guys that just pond fish with limited tackle and no boat. They get along and help each other out. They aren’t judging each other.
    Here people want to argue over the latest gadget. And government stuff of course.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Sad to hear he passed.
    Beautiful obituary though.
    He may have even liked it...

(Well, except for the whole dying part that is.)

Steve wrote it... I went to his memorial and talk to his wife on occasion.

I do not come here as much as I used too. Yes I go on Facebook and Instagram more.

I had forgotten about many of those that left here since I joined. Spank and his ex used to organize meet and greet dinners around town. I'm still friends with some of the guys I met through here but we keep in touch on FB.

There was always a BS booth at the Lamar Dixon gun shows where members would stop by and you could put a face to a name. You'd always keep an eye out for people wearing BS shirt at the gun shows or a BS sticker on a car around town.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom