The Banned members -- When OT was "Fun"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Just an observation -- Back when I first got on Bayou Shooter, the OT topics were "entertaining" to say the least. Lots of good gun conversations and a ton of other OT topics with a bunch of great "entertaining" posts.....now it seems most posts are folks selling stuff.....

With that said I was going through some old posts and came across these members who are "banned" -- Does any of the "old timers" on here know what happened to these folks and why they got the Hammer??

Here is the list, I'm sure I left some out:

DAVE_M
    JeeperCreeper
    Whitebread
    headspace
    CEHollier
    JR1572
    Skinny
    Leonidas
    SVT
    firearmfanatic

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Sure I do...

Most pushed the boundries too far and refused to back off. Usually after repeated enforced breaks. I wouldn't say that many (any?) of the bans were unjustified.
    The ones you listed (wiht a few exceptions ) were not the ones that I'd say were missed. You came in a bit later than I did. The ones I'd say were a loss were Cat, Penguin, CajunTim, Micha (drawing a blank on his username), Pablo, Spanky, and of course Paul Gomez and LSP972.

What's missing on here are the discussions. The majority of the posts now are dry classifieds. No training reviews. No planned outings. No new equipment reviews.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Sure I do...

Most pushed the boundries too far and refused to back off. Usually after repeated enforced breaks. I wouldn't say that many (any?) of the bans were unjustified.
    The ones you listed (wiht a few exceptions ) were not the ones that I'd say were missed. You came in a bit later than I did. The ones I'd say were a loss were Cat, Penguin, CajunTim, Micha (drawing a blank on his username), Pablo, Spanky, and of course Paul Gomez and LSP972.

What's missing on here are the discussions. The majority of the posts now are dry classifieds. No training reviews. No planned outings. No new equipment reviews.

LouisianaCarry

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I'm relatively new here, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people left forums to go on Facebook.

I personally can't stand Facebook, but it has killed a lot of forums, including the big ones like AR15.com.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Spanky (as in BayouShooter founder and former owner of the site) isn't banned.

Paul Gomez, sadly, passed away.

I believe that LSP972 asked to be removed, along with all his posts. More than one veteran member did this a few years ago, though I don't know any details.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Skinny made me laugh -- he seemed like a simple Cajun -- just wanted cheap Thunderbolt 22LR's!

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    191   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA

I believe that LSP972 asked to be removed, along with all his posts. More than one veteran member did this a few years ago, though I don't know any details.

LSP972 passed away May this year.

Last edited:

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville

I don’t know if the news made it over here, but sadly, Mr Steve (LSP972) passed away a few months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom