The Banned members -- When OT was "Fun"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Nope
    Just this infraction award. That’s my reward for trying to post a pic in my ad to keep from breaking rules.

“You” getting a infraction over a warning is silly. You do not have a habit of pushing the limit “rules wise” as far as I see!

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I think you are on the right track but I would guess money gets in the way.

Sometimes giving a little gets you more in return “kinda like cutting the tax rate gets you more tax revenue!”. I would become a paid member again if people like Vanilla Gorilla, Speed Racer and Spanky started actively posting again!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Here is a suggestion.
    Don’t **** off those that pay for a subscription to the forum.
    Was a Gold Contributer for years. I’ve since downgraded.
    I was given an *infraction* for thread bumping that does not expire.
    I posted an ad. Forgot to upload a pic. Immediately replied to the thread posting a picture. I was given an infraction for thread bumping. Total BS.
    Pisses me off every time I see it on my page.

bbaed99e17dffbc6aa14c52f2b09d427.jpg

Yeah...that would **** me off too. The purpose of the rule is to keep you from bumping your post to the top time and time again. But if your post was already at the top, your reply, while technically breaking the rules, would have had no effect. I would have figured that would be a warning at most. But that was almost 4 years ago.

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Yeah...that would **** me off too. The purpose of the rule is to keep you from bumping your post to the top time and time again. But if your post was already at the top, your reply, while technically breaking the rules, would have had no effect. I would have figured that would be a warning at most. But that was almost 4 years ago.

Yes, it has been almost 4 years ago. But, the infraction is still there. It was not right to be given to me, it’s not right to still be there.

I guess the forum rules are all up to interpretation though.
    Such as a perma ban rule for those that have multiple accounts right?
    Forgive me for throwing anyone under the bus but.....

5700470f0476e44da9ce8c644ad4fdb0.jpg

787ccf767f6d653f3deaf8109aa2d02e.jpg

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    One of the first things I would do differently if I was in charge is: Reach out to owners of local training groups and organizers of competition shooting events and ask them to again get active “give them free advertising if needed just get them active”!! Then next get the LEOs that used to clear up info on laws back active. The problem with starting topics on BS lately is the lack of quality info in replies.

I was a paying member for a few years but why pay if there’s no quality info?? Admins need to swallow the pride and reach out to the quality members and site sponsors that left.

1) LEO got tired of arguing with “street side lawyers” over topics. LEOs would give the answer as they apply it daily and some anti govt type would come along and start a fight.

Bingo. I am an LEO and I have tried a couple of time to clear up some legal questions. While I do enjoy a good discussion, trying to help out usually brings out people who simply want to argue. They insist they have to be right even when the facts don't support their opinion. That's what happened earlier in this thread.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yes, it has been almost 4 years ago. But, the infraction is still there. It was not right to be given to me, it’s not right to still be there.

I guess the forum rules are all up to interpretation though.
    Such as a perma ban rule for those that have multiple accounts right?
    Forgive me for throwing anyone under the bus but.....

Yes, to some degree they can be open to interpretation. Unlike the law, there is no supreme court here to clarify the rules in a fair and completely consistent manner. Would it make you feel better if I removed the 4 year old infraction?

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Yes, to some degree they can be open to interpretation. Unlike the law, there is no supreme court here to clarify the rules in a fair and completely consistent manner. Would it make you feel better if I removed the 4 year old infraction?

Yep
    Even better if the person that issued it removed it.

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Hey I had one of those on here and don't even know what it was. I've been on Sigforum for 16 years and almost 12,000 post without any I guess I'm a good boy there.

Reason: Rules Violations
    May 3rd, 2015 01:12 AM
    by RedStickChick
    Never

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom