The Banned members -- When OT was "Fun"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Yep
    Even better if the person that issued it removed it.
    I looked and PMed ya at like noon. It is not an infraction! It is a no points warning.
    To give a warning the same button is used, But the Mod clicks No points. It is just how the web site is set up.
    Here is what I PMed ya to explain why
    I looked and it looks like it is nit a real infraction, It is a warning. The Admin. asked all Mods and did so just a week or so again that we give one when we move, or delete an ad so that the member knows.
    They are no points
    If an ad is taken down without one, the person does not get a copy, of what they posted to copy paste a new ad.
    Or may not even know it is gone. More of a courtesy to do it. As well as a record. As some do it many many times. If to many warnings are given, the next are with points
    I or any mod can reverse the warning or infraction But I can not as it may **** off who gave it. PM Him and ask.
    Sorry Kevin

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Ok ya posted at 10:38 and i posted at 10:39
    I looked and saw that at noon or so. The Mickey one is no points and so is the other.
    Zero Point Warnings are kept, on record so that if a member habitually gets Warnings then the Mods and Admin know to give a real infraction that has points
    Just being up front of how it works
    Both members show:

Infractions (Active / Total)
    0 / 0
    Warnings
    I am being upfront here. Also...Just so ya'll know they points system is:
    Points add up to get
    3 Points Equals 3 Days Ban
    5 Points Equals 7 Days Ban
    6 Points Equals 10 Days Ban
    Banned Users get 50 Forever That can be all at once for a Permaban "Scammer"

Last edited:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Ok. I was issued a warning, infraction, whatever....
    General consensus from what i gather is that it was not warranted.
    Can it be removed?

As far as I am concerned it should not be there. They are just there to show what was removed for 2 reasons.
    1} So the person can have a record of what they posted.
    2} So that there is a record of how many warnings are issued. At with point if habitual, no more Waring are given and Real Infractions are then given.
    3} If we did not send a warning, the OP would never know, the thread is gone. You want to know it is no longer there or there is something wrong with the ad right?
    As far as that goes once that info is no longer useful to the Administration, Moderators, And the person who Original Posted it. They should expire, after that useful time period pass's! They do not and that"s is the software that makes up the board.
    The same way that infractions, and warnings are sent. Nothing Personal. That is just plain the way the site works. I and others can not make it do things it does not do.
    Yes they can be reversed, manually. With as many as are sent in a day it nothing else would get done. If you are anyone really wants something done ask the one that did it.
    As soon as it is done. Everyone makes mistakes. Post are posted and we move stuff, Some times guys forget a picture. It lets then know.
    Sometimes, No price is added in WTS adds. We send one. How can they sell it with no price. The list goes on. It is just a heads up "Official PM" for the most part

Last edited:

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    191   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    As far as I am concerned it should not be there. They are just there to show what was removed for 2 reasons.
    1} So the person can have a record of what they posted.
    2} So that there is a record of how many warnings are issued. At with point if habitual, no more Waring are given and Real Infractions are then given.
    3} If we did not send a warning, the OP would never know, the thread is gone. You want to know it is no longer there or there is something wrong with the ad right?
    As far as that goes once that info is no longer useful to the Administration, Moderators, And the person who Original Posted it. They should expire, after that useful time period pass's! They do not and that"s is the software that makes up the board.
    The same way that infractions, and warnings are sent. Nothing Personal. That is just plain the way the site works. I and others can not make it do things it does not do.
    Yes they can be reversed, manually. With as many as are sent in a day it nothing else would get done. If you are anyone really wants something done ask the one that did it.
    As soon as it is done. Everyone makes mistakes. Post are posted and we move stuff, Some times guys forget a picture. It lets then know.
    Sometimes, No price is added in WTS adds. We send one. How can they sell it with no price. The list goes on. It is just a heads up "Official PM" for the most part

Cool
    Thanks for the help
    I paid up on the front end thru June 2019 for membership.
    I’ll make sure that I’m not set up on automatically recurring dues.
    Have a great new year!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Ok. I was issued a warning, infraction, whatever....
    General consensus from what i gather is that it was not warranted.
    Can it be removed?

I'm sorry. Part of your impression seems to have been based on a mistake I made. For most of the day I was under the house replacing some PVC, CPVC, and copper that had busted in the freeze. I would take a break every now and then and look at tapatalk but I was not fully paying attention. I missed the part in the picture where it said zero points and I thought you had gotten an actual one point infraction rather than just a warning. I believe that a warning was completely warranted. I even said in my reply that it should have been a warning at most. In fact, I issued a warning for pretty much the exact same scenario about 9 days ago. I apologize if I caused any confusion in this matter.

Yes, the warning can be removed manually, as 340six stated. Feel free to reach out to AustinBR or whitsend and ask them to remove it. AustinBR is an admin and whitsend is the mod who put the warning there.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Am I reading, The Death of a Forum?

When you have your paying members dropping like fly's then its a death sentence to the forum.

Who can answer the question?

Paying members were always lagniappe. The real money comes from sponsors. As long as they are driving enough traffic through here to keep the sponsors happy, then BS isn't going anywhere.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    I'm sorry. Part of your impression seems to have been based on a mistake I made. For most of the day I was under the house replacing some PVC, CPVC, and copper that had busted in the freeze. I would take a break every now and then and look at tapatalk but I was not fully paying attention. I missed the part in the picture where it said zero points and I thought you had gotten an actual one point infraction rather than just a warning. I believe that a warning was completely warranted. I even said in my reply that it should have been a warning at most. In fact, I issued a warning for pretty much the exact same scenario about 9 days ago. I apologize if I caused any confusion in this matter.

Yes, the warning can be removed manually, as 340six stated. Feel free to reach out to AustinBR or whitsend and ask them to remove it. AustinBR is an admin and whitsend is the mod who put the warning there.

How does one find out this info about warnings or demerits? I've scanned around and was unable to locate this info.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Click on your name Blue Diamond. Click view Profile. It shows, your activity, then there are tabs to see Feed Back Score, About Me, Friends, and Infractions. Or is that just a Mod thing? At least that's what I see. Maybe someone else can help?
    Looks like you were born in a pumpkin patch, have no friends and no warnings or infractions

Last edited:

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    Click on your name Blue Diamond. Click view Profile. It shows, your activity, then there are tabs to see Feed Back Score, About Me, Friends, and Infractions. Or is that just a Mod thing? At least that's what I see. Maybe someone else can help?
    Looks like you were born in a pumpkin patch, have no friends and no warnings or infractions
    :rofl:

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Hey I had one of those on here and don't even know what it was. I've been on Sigforum for 16 years and almost 12,000 post without any I guess I'm a good boy there.

Reason: Rules Violations
    May 3rd, 2015 01:12 AM
    by RedStickChick
    Never

giphy.gif

Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell
    Are we allowed to comment on the guys that just disappeard? Ie: Vanilla Gorilla, Baldrik, Homeslice, Hitman, Speedracer, etc? Lots of knowledge, entertainment, and bravado has gone by the wayside.

Last edited:

MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell
    Am I reading, The Death of a Forum?

When you have your paying members dropping like fly's then its a death sentence to the forum.

Who can answer the question?

In the sponsor section, at the top of the homepage there
    Used to be 20 or so .....now i see one ,LSA . Or am i missing some .

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Are we allowed to comment on the guys that just disappeard? Ie: Vanilla Gorilla, Baldrik, Homeslice, Hitman, Speedracer, etc? Lots of knowledge, entertainment, and bravado has gone by the wayside.

For the love of all things sacred, YES -- that is why I started this thread!!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom