The Banned members -- When OT was "Fun"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Site administration successfully got rid of most of the drama. The drama caused posting and traffic.
    Combine that with the typical attitude of people that are into modern guns this is what you get. And by that I mean everyone is so quick to judge and knock someone else’s choice of weapon.
    Freshwater Fishing attracts a different crowd. A fishing forum for example will have people that have invested tons of money into the hobby and never stops researching. But then there are guys that just pond fish with limited tackle and no boat. They get along and help each other out. They aren’t judging each other.
    Here people want to argue over the latest gadget. And government stuff of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drama and scandal is what brought me here to Bayou Shooter -- I needed info on the infamous AFFS debacle where the owner closed shop after taking money for suppressor orders! --- the DRAMA was REAL!!!:mad::mad:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Jack was always my favorite. Anyone know what happened to him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Last Post was in July 2017, selling a small flatboat and trolling motor.........maybe he found some other forum to **** people off! hahaha

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yeah - this forum is pretty dead now. Classifieds with overpriced ads and the occasional interesting post.

i check monthly- whereas I used to be on daily.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I miss a lot of the comments from the banned members. I didn’t mind that cattiness, but guess all good things must end. Would go to the other groups but I’m not on Facebook.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Well , there was that mass exodus where some guys got their feelings hurt over some stupid joke that took on a life of it's own and they refused to stop when ordered to by the Admin . Some of you remember what I'm talking about ...

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Silly Mods and their ban sticks.
    We had a few members who said they were going to hurt others.
    Then there were the Drunken Tirades and threats to sue some members, the Mods, and the owners.
    What would you do?
    No I was not the one who gave them the axe. But when they got it it 100% right thing to do
    At times it is not that easy, to keep the site clean and safe for everyone. Lots of traffic in the Classifieds. And far share of scammers
    So everyone has comply to more strict standards, to weed them out.
    Just to be fair with everyone
    As far as old members who are no longer here. Some asked to be removed. As they did not like the attacks.
    Some other reasons. Some that were given the Axe! Were members here before and banned, previously and came back multiple times, only to be banned again! A large part of their purpose here, was to disrupt the board, and attack members.
    Yes at times they were useful members at part. But they crossed the line as a habit, and earned the Ban

Last edited:

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    We had a few members who said they were going to hurt others.
    Then there were the Drunken Tirades and threats to sue some members, the Mods, and the owners.
    What would you do?
    No I was not the one who gave them the axe. But when they got it it 100% right thing to do

I was here for the fun. I saw most of it.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I was here for the fun. I saw most of it.

I caused a lot of it, very gently, very carefully. Even put the target on my own back occasionally.

My pot-stirren' stick is gold plated and sprinkles glitter everywhere. :dogkeke:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom