Rifle range near BR area?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D_behrnes

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    Zachary
    I’m sure this has already been posted but I couldn’t seem to find the thread, are there any decent rifle ranges open to the public near Baton Rouge? With targets ranging from 100 to at least 600 or more yards?

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Not open to public but Palo Alto is in Donaldsonville is a members only range. We have a 600,200, 100, 50 & 25 yard ranges. Membership will open again in April. You can get a copy of the application from the web page. It is the best facility in the area. The matches are open to the public but only for those matches. You can put in the application in now and it doesn’t cost you anything. They will contact you in April if you still want to join.

Beauxdog

miscverb

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 23, 2016
    Destrehan LA
    I’m sure this has already been posted but I couldn’t seem to find the thread, are there any decent rifle ranges open to the public near Baton Rouge? With targets ranging from 100 to at least 600 or more yards?

A ride from baton rouge is FTS in larose. it goes to 930 and is very very nice. Bring several rifles and make a day of it, you will not be disappointed.

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    They are building a new one on Hwy 1 just south of Plaquemine. It’s being built by the parish, but I don’t know who will be allowed to go there. It’s supposed to be a public range so we shall see. I don’t know what the length will be yet. It is only a 20-25 minute drive from BR on a light traffic day. Lots of good places to visit and eat in the area also.

Last edited:

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Not open to public but Palo Alto is in Donaldsonville is a members only range. We have a 600,200, 100, 50 & 25 yard ranges. Membership will open again in April. You can get a copy of the application from the web page. It is the best facility in the area. The matches are open to the public but only for those matches. You can put in the application in now and it doesn’t cost you anything. They will contact you in April if you still want to join.

Beauxdog

Did they do the membership meet and greet for this year yet?

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central

Beauxdog

is it still 2 family/guest max? and have they changed it to allow non competition members to use ranges on Saturday matches?

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    191   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    is it still 2 family/guest max? and have they changed it to allow non competition members to use ranges on Saturday matches?

No max guest, but the member is responsible for overseeing his/her guests and they must be on the same range as the member.

No. Non members can participate in matches.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    No max guest, but the member is responsible for overseeing his/her guests and they must be on the same range as the member.

No. Non members can participate in matches.
    i meant, can non participants use the ranges if a match is underway?

i went a couple years ago as a guest, it was a Saturday and we had to wait a few hours to shoot as 1/2 the lanes were used for competition, and the rest were closed off.

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    191   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    i meant, can non participants use the ranges if a match is underway?

i went a couple years ago as a guest, it was a Saturday and we had to wait a few hours to shoot as 1/2 the lanes were used for competition, and the rest were closed off.

If a match is going on say on the 100y line, that range is dedicated to that match.
    It opens to membership and their guests once the match has finished.
    There is now a 200y range that helps with that. There are no matches on the 200y range

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    If a match is going on say on the 100y line, that range is dedicated to that match.
    It opens to membership and their guests once the match has finished.
    There is now a 200y range that helps with that. There are no matches on the 200y range

ok. thanks. yea that would make it worth wile.

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    191   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Yep, it’s nice.
    The 200y was a needed addition with the rimfire matches occupying the 100y line on weekend days.

897027acea137f7e85568feba898414e.jpg

Top Bottom