Hello - New Member

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mudbug00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2017
    Schriever, LA
    Hi folks! I'm a 69 year old newly retired guy from South Louisiana. :cool:
    I'm new, not only on this forum, but with handguns as well. Although I'm a Vietnam Vet, and long time shotgun hunter, I have never owned a handgun before August of 2016.

Like so many, with the Presidential elections coming up in 2016 and looking rather scary :mamoru: at the time, I decided that it was time to protect my wife and I at home and when traveling. I bought a Charter Arms 38s and took the concealed weapons course. That put me in contact with several other old guys my age, and I soon found myself meeting for lunch every Thursday with about a half dozen of them, and heading for the range afterwards.

By Thanksgiving, I bought myself a Wather P22 (.22) automatic. Just before Christmas this year, I bought a S&W SW 22 VICTORY! I finally got to shoot it today. I LOVE IT!! It took me a good while to decide what target gun to purchase with my limited funds, but I think that I made a real good choice. I did well with it at the range. And there appears to be dozens of things that I can do to upgrade it to a competition pistol.

You can expect to hear some from me, with dozens of questions. I've learned a lot already, and the biggest thing I've found out is that I know so very little.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Welcome and congrats on retirement. Stay out of the classifieds or your retirement checks won’t last long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Welcome aboard.

Top Bottom