Lens fogging up on cold days

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mforsta

Pops
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Denham Springs
    Who has a solution to stop my binos and rifle scopes from fogging on cold mornings? They fog up when I bring them up to my eyes. I then have to wipe the lens so I can see, only to have them fog again.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Leave them somewhere cold but dry overnight. New ones are supposedly fog proof but condensation still happens.

Of course, there's always Cat Crap. Google it

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Most of the glasses-cleaning liquids also have anti-fog properties. Stop by your Walmart Optical and see what they have. I've also used a paste type anti-fog in a small jar, seems to last forever. Just google anti-fog. You can also do it the old fashioned way and rub your finger on a bar of soap then rub your finger on the lens. Buff lightly with a lens cloth.

If you are near an army surplus store just look for the Protective Mask anti-fog cloth. Take it out of the plastic "pill bottle", unfold and clean the lens, refold and reinsert in the container and screw the top on tightly, should last for a couple of years.

mforsta

Pops
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Denham Springs
    Thanks for info. The binos are left in my pack which is hung outside on the porch at the camp so they are acclimated to the temp. They fog when you put them up to your eyes. The rifle scope is not as bad as I have a little air space between my eye and the scope. Of course it'll fog if I breath a little of it.

Top Bottom