CHP renewal notice

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I'm starting the process of renewing my CHP and I was reading on the LSP CHP site this below.

Renewals:

Permit holders will be notified in writing at their address of record, approximately 120 days prior to the expiration of their permit to begin the renewal process.

My CHP expires 2/17/2018 and I haven't gotten anything in the mail. Is this normal?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I'm starting the process of renewing my CHP and I was reading on the LSP CHP site this below.

Renewals:

Permit holders will be notified in writing at their address of record, approximately 120 days prior to the expiration of their permit to begin the renewal process.

My CHP expires 2/17/2018 and I haven't gotten anything in the mail. Is this normal?

I do not recall ever receiving any notices and both of us have been doing this for a long time.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I think I got one years ago but not this time for sure.

Well I submitted my renewal last night 12/29/2017 online now I have to wait and see. It was pretty easy I guess I'll get some email notice if it wasn't done right and about payment. But I get this one free for being a Veteran. Have to wait and seen how it's done.

scoutgunner

Premium Member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Houma, LA
    I think I got one years ago but not this time for sure.

Well I submitted my renewal last night 12/29/2017 online now I have to wait and see. It was pretty easy I guess I'll get some email notice if it wasn't done right and about payment. But I get this one free for being a Veteran. Have to wait and seen how it's done.

My Veterans CHP was free AND lifetime. Great deal for Veterans

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    My Veterans CHP was free AND lifetime. Great deal for Veterans

I did my online the 29th and go a email this morning saying PENDING REVIEW

Yep mine should be free as a Vet too. I didn't apply for the lifetime I wanted to be able to use the no background check when I buy a new gun.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Got this email today. Application for Concealed Handgun Permit submitted on 12/29/2017 10:47:00 PM was APPROVED.
    You may not carry a concealed weapon until you receive your permit. You will receive your permit in the U.S. Postal Service mail within 10-15 business days.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    My dad got his notice while my wife and I did not. We all got our permits at the same time. My dad and wife already got theirs in. I had to wait on NAVPERS to send me a copy of my DD214 then sent it off before the Christmas holiday. Hopefully I'll be getting my permit soon.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    My dad got his notice while my wife and I did not. We all got our permits at the same time. My dad and wife already got theirs in. I had to wait on NAVPERS to send me a copy of my DD214 then sent it off before the Christmas holiday. Hopefully I'll be getting my permit soon.

I've been sending LSP a copy of my DD214 since I got my CHP over 20 years ago. I hope yours comes in soon

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Mine expired Feb 18th I have not received a renewal notice, but have already taken the class and submitted app on 1/15 still waiting on response.

Mine was going to expire the same day as yours. I took my class the 29th and applied that night online and got the permit in the mail a few days ago

dothadewman

MURICA!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I’m thinking I submitted on the 16th which was a holiday and state offices were closed yesterday and today because of th ice/snow is probably the reason I’m still waiting on the email to go and pay.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I’m thinking I submitted on the 16th which was a holiday and state offices were closed yesterday and today because of th ice/snow is probably the reason I’m still waiting on the email to go and pay.

I’m a Veteran so I didn’t have to pay the State wonder if that made it faster

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom