New Gen 5 Glock 19X available 01/22/2018.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    Not sure what to think on this one. It’s good that Glock has out another option for ppl out there...but looks like it’s the same G19 but has a 17+1 capacity. I think most ppl would rather a standard Gen 5 G19 with +2 extensions on the mag. And on days they plan to conceal carry, simply throw in their stock 15rd mags.
    At least Glock is trying to offer some other options though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Slightly different frame, different coating on slide and internals if same as submitted to Military for testing.

991GT3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'd take it in black (black slide at least).

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Meh, the answer for the question no one asked.... I have a few 17's and 19's. Don't see the need for this. Like other's have said, +2 extensions or g17 mags would work just fine. Now the 19L (17 chopped to a 19 grip) would give you a longer slide, but smaller frame as to conceal easier, and still have the option to use larger mags like in all small glocks.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Meh, the answer for the question no one asked....

I think the market for the 19X may be small. My current issue duty weapon is a 19. At my previous department, it was a 22. I don't care for the smaller frame of the 19 but I'm open carrying so the frame size isn't a major concern. I even tried getting a 17 mag with an X-Grip magazine adaptor. The goal was to have a full size feeling frame then resort to the compact frame if I had to reload. I abandoned that after a little training. I liked the feel of the X-Grip but my grip was not allowing the magazine with the X-Grip to fall free. So in my particular situation, the 19X is the answer. Now if I can just convince the department to buy some to try out.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Yes I often thought about a 19frame with a 17 slide like a cco size 1911, now that would be interesting... I guess what they did was kinda like the commander 1911

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Announcing Glock 19X

GLOCK, Inc. introduces their first ever *Crossover* pistol, the GLOCK 19X, which combines the best features of two of its most popular and most trusted field-tested platforms. The full-size frame and the compact slide have joined forces to produce the ideal pistol for all conditions and all situations.

*The G19X was developed for the military and is a practical everyday pistol that will do what you need it to do, when you need it to; every time, in every condition,* says GLOCK VP Josh Dorsey. *The pistol was developed for the military using GLOCK’s combat proven experience with consideration to efficiency, dependability and durability. Through rigorous testing, the G19X stands out above the competition and has the ability to function in all situations with ultimate reliability and accuracy. Our goal was to meet the demanding needs of the military while maintaining our standard of perfection. With proven results, the G19X delivers maximum efficiency and trustworthiness.*

Confidence now comes in the coyote color with the first-ever factory colored slide. The nPVD slide coating of the GLOCK 19X prevents corrosion, resists chemicals, and stands up against the elements. Additional design features of the G19X include the GLOCK Marksman Barrel (GMB) with enhanced polygonal rifling and an improved barrel crown for increased accuracy, ambidextrous slide stop levers and no finger grooves for better versatility, and a lanyard loop for retention. The pistol includes a standard 17-round magazine and two 17+2-round extended magazines along with a coyote-colored pistol case.

The aggregate effect of all the G19X design enhancements gives any user the assurance to succeed and survive in all situations. A perfect *Crossover to Confidence*.

The G19X will be available beginning January 22nd, 2018 at select dealers.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    http://19x.glock.us/

dmnlgwi7w7cyi61hwc79.jpg

991GT3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I like what they did, in general.

A 19 cycles faster than a 17. It also clears the holster slightly quicker, too.

I know when under the clock it's easier for me to acquire a proper grip on a 17 than a 19.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom