If you see a Child Sitting in the Road

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfgang1952

LOCAL Fla. Par, Cha. Pres
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Mt Hermon / Franklinton La, USA
    Stop and get out with flashlight in hand and firearm at the ready.

This didn’t happen to me but my father. Dad was traveling to a job site in NM sometime in the early 70’s. Couple of girl’s wear broke down. Dad stopped to give ascendance. He got robed.

Whenever I stop to help anyone I have flashlight shinning in persons eyes and handgun at the ready.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Ya have to pick ya battles.
    From 1992-2007 I ran from Kenner, to South Miss and father out. I did sales, installs, repairs and service.
    I would come up on many, that needed help. I 90% had someone with me and was armed. Not that armed is a 100% savior.
    Anyway it is hard to just drive past someone in need. if in the middle of nowhere.
    I was at the edge of La heading for Miss when i saw a cop get a flat. He ran over something in the road. I pulled up and asked if he needed a hand. I stated that I had a floor jack and tools right there easy. And could make quick work out of it. He said yes since he was clean. I did not want to see him get dirty. He grabbed the spare. He was happy as he had on how many pounds of stuff? Plus a vest does not make s it easy.
    Yes I understand the pitfalls / danger. I no long will do it.
    The tipping point, was when I gave a girl my wife with a ride home from work.
    My wife was Assistant Manager at a Cafe' DuMonte location. A girl she worked with ride did not show. My wife calls and says can i bring her home. So she comes home, She gets out takes her purse gun ect. I get in with my gun, extra mag and my Bug {380} she does nit see the 380.
    She proceeds to joke, Oh i see ya have a gun too, ya gonna need it where I live.
    When i get to where the area she lived it was no joke.
    At 1:45 Am New Orleans it was Like Mardi Gras. There was guys on the street corner even selling a big screen TV On and drugs.
    How she lived there I have no idea

Top Bottom