I don't understand deer hunters

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    I have a range on 30 acres of family property, about 6 family members shoot there but only one hunts on the property. There is a hunter who hunts another piece of property about 800 yards from the range. The two properties do not but up against each other. Every year during deer season he is up to some mischief on our property. He will clean a deer and dump the entrails on our property. This year it was roofing nails on the road, I got one and my cousin got three in our tires. He's made it know that he believes our shooting scares the deer away.
    At the most one of us might be shooting there once every week or two. We have seen dear on the property while shooting. My nephew who hunts the property killed one 15 minutes after we had finished about 2 hours of shooting. One had to be chased off because it got in the line of fire.

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Probably one of those hunters who jumps on a 4 wheeler and runs around his property chasing the deer off. Then blames everything else but his own behavior.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Please dont associate this guy or his group with all deer hunters or even all people. your example is just an ******* who wants to blame everyone for his plight in life.. there are things you can do back to him, or go meet him one day, and make a friend or something.. invite him over for range day to sight in his guns for hunting..
    its Much harder to do those things to someone you have met and they have offered things to befriend you..
    I understand , it might be hard to befriend someone who has done those things to me, but its sometimes harder to suffer those things for the rest of your tenure on the property.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Please dont associate this guy or his group with all deer hunters or even all people. your example is just an ******* who wants to blame everyone for his plight in life.. there are things you can do back to him, or go meet him one day, and make a friend or something.. invite him over for range day to sight in his guns for hunting..
    its Much harder to do those things to someone you have met and they have offered things to befriend you..
    I understand , it might be hard to befriend someone who has done those things to me, but its sometimes harder to suffer those things for the rest of your tenure on the property.

The whole area is under an oil lease and this guy is friends with the oil field manager who he does work for and the oil field manager lets him hunt on the land the oil company owns. I might add that the oil field manager also hunts and he has complained to us about scaring the deer away. While I don't think the manager did it he would probably look the other way while his buddy did it.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    call the ldfw and complain about the nails and trespassing. they do not mess around with sabotage and traps on private or public property.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    The whole area is under an oil lease and this guy is friends with the oil field manager who he does work for and the oil field manager lets him hunt on the land the oil company owns. I might add that the oil field manager also hunts and he has complained to us about scaring the deer away. While I don't think the manager did it he would probably look the other way while his buddy did it.

Normally that's leased land, Go to the tax assessors office and see who the real owner is, They may be unaware that the land is being hunted.
    Edit all oil company's don't allow firearms on their property, You may can kill 2 birds with one stone.

Last edited:

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Sounds like a good time for game cameras placed to catch the jackoff. And I agree with the call to dwf and the oil company.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Normally that's leased land, Go to the tax assessors office and see who the real owner is, They may be unaware that the land is being hunted.
    Edit all oil company's don't allow firearms on their property, You may can kill 2 birds with one stone.

There are a couple of strips of land between me and the land the oil company owns. I know the owners of the strips and they don'y hunt. The oil company is small and the manager of the field is married into the oil company's owner's family. I have had several conversation with the president of the company about similar issues. Part of the problem is before we started shooting there about 8 years ago the manager and his buddies had free use of all the land as there own. When we started to actually get involved in using our land they viewed us as intruders.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Sounds like you have a real Richard on your hands! Try showing him that video you posted. Perhaps that would help convince him that he's an idiot who knows so much that isn't so.

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    I love it.

Another idiot wanna be hillbilly hunter.That's about 80% of them.
    You cant fix stupid,find out who owns it as others stated and go
    from there.

I have a camp next to a hugh 5500 acre hunting club.Every year
    daybreak on the opening day deer season,I open up the wittle
    338 win mag and lapua and the 50.We wait till just as the sun pops
    over the horizon,then all hell is broken loose with me and 3 other
    buddies,one has full auto.By the time we get done ,around 30 mins
    later,there isn't a deer for 100 miles lol..And there isn't a damnn
    thing those idiots can do to stop it.The guy that owns the club has
    offered me cash many times ,,I just smile and tell him,we would
    rather have fun than money lol..

There's a longer story why the owner and me has problems.Doesn't