Labeeman rings in the New Year with a nice little 6 pt.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    The ole bee man made it out to the woods this afternoon and brought in the new year with a nice little buck. With the weather being cold I figured they would be moving early and sure enough they did. I noticed him around 4 pm and even though I could see him, I could not get a shot on him from the stand I was in. I didn’t have any thing to lose so I slung my trusty Model 70 over my shoulder and climbed down the stand and started slippin and tippin to a better spot where I could get a shot on him. Thank goodness there was lots of cover between me and him because my tippin skills ain’t what they used to be. I did have to cross a nasty ditch about halfway into the stalk and then I crawled the last 15 yards on my hands and knees until I finally found a spot I could see him good enough to get a shot at him. I got up on my knees and placed the cross hairs on his chest and squeezed the trigger. As luck would have it I hit the deer in the lower neck and he dropped instantly. What’s funny is there was not a single drop of blood on the ground or on the deer. I didn’t know where I hit the deer until I had it hung up in our shop. I shoot the Winchester ballistic tip and have seen it do this before. It destroys the inside area, but doesn’t leave a good exit wound. No worries though as it made a clean kill and I had a great trip. The last deer I killed was 2 years ago, so I was quite happy to get this one. I hope everyone has a great year.
    a6e347202b8cda809ebe3fe0ee4f3b71.jpg
    6af9a910a61c30fe8f8ad163b7168ddf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom