10mm Auto AR?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Been building and shooting AR’s since about 1980 and got into the pistol calibers a couple years back. Been enjoying the 9mm and have said for over a year I’d like one in .40 but when I started the parts hunt, I realized 10mm auto parts were available and I do like my 10mm pistols so naturally I opted for that.
    Fast forward to now, finished a couple weeks before Christmas and a couple hundred rounds worth of fun so far. I gotta day it was worth it. Looking at doing a carbine next and will likely stick with the glock mag lowers. I can’t complain about the side charging upper either.
    Anybody else doing these in 10 auto?

2fac2e8dcc0a7e50123d86de703c5c97.jpg

7ea1ba77115c26e8ddadc09e4c97686d.jpg

2edc9832eaa4a7516cfc08db8395ac78.jpg
    e2a17cdde0e700de27e0d62d3ff233b3.jpg
    7d69cf4ae2fba506f70d31da7bc9d912.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    Nicely done my friend!
    I have a few 10mm firearms, but nothing closing on being that cool.
    Didn't actually know it was possible to make one of those...

Always did want an FBI version MP5 in 10mm but that is about as likely as Elvis impregnating my goldfish.

;)

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Is your 10mm a blowback design or DI? I have heard some talk that blowback does not work as well and they did a DI version so it works better. Want to get some feedback from a person that has an actual build.

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    Is your 10mm a blowback design or DI? I have heard some talk that blowback does not work as well and they did a DI version so it works better. Want to get some feedback from a person that has an actual build.

Why build one,,just buy a " just right carbine ". They make the whole rifle in 10mm.
    It is the blowback design,but as long as you continue using the extended buffer,
    spacers and spring,you should be fine.

Ive seen a few vids on utube that change the buffer and spring,but I say if it works,
    don't change it.I haven't had any issues out of the JRC in 10mm that Ive shot.

The man with the 10mm says " I want to kill'em,not wound'em "

Good Luck !

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    My 9mm SBR is just a fun gun but I guess could use it for HD if need be. If I really want to kill someone I have plenty of 22lr rifles for the job......:eek3:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    It is a blowback but uses a milspec carbine spring and buffer setup and other than one single misfeed in the very first mag, it has cycled and fired every round without fail. I do like the side charger and the action is silky smooth. I did notice once that it did not hold open at the end of a mag but turned out to be only with that mag which was well worn.
    Don’t want to rag on the JR carbines, they are super little rifles in their own right, but are not really AR based guns, although they do share a certain few parts. I tore one in 9mm down for a friend to clean and found it to be a task.
    I would speculate to have come in a couple hundred bucks under Just Right retail as well.
    And finally, as you might expect, the slug gets to the steel pretty quick and gives a good whack. Some may or may not notice the difference on a plate between 9mm and .40 S&W, but there’s no denying the difference between this thing and the other 2. And I shoot a lot of all three.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom