Wearing History

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    It may not mean anything to anyone else. but figured I would post
    My dads jacket.
    My dad was in the service, and worked the flight line at Alvin Callender Field.
    When he did, he knew and was fiends with Mr Harry Lee. Who was Base Security
    Mr Howard Pittman who started JPSO's K-9. He used to bring dogs, with him
    Mr. Pittman last In heard was a preacher.
    David Ferrie was a pilot there, Dad said he was quite and kept to him self.
    The Cuban Missile crisis was on when he worked there as well.
    When I look at it that was a cool time period he worked there in.
    He had 2 one that was very dirty. And this one as he used it only when clean jobs were at hand
    So this one survived in great shape. I have one OD pant, and shirt as well
    He later wore it at Michoud Assembly Facility to go back and forth to work. That is till let go in 1969, when everyone was let go.
    So remember seeing him leave for work and come home with it on

It has a built in hood, you unzip the collar and pull it out. Draw strings at neck. But it buttons up, No zipper! As it is alight weight jacket. But has buttons inside to add a liner A guy at the CMP board sent me a new in pack liner 2 years ago and I have used it some since.
    Last 2 weeks 100% I bet look like a nut job though
    And one cook picture of my brother and I when dad was transferred to Huntsville to work on something other than the boosters

Attachments

• jacket1.jpg
      jacket1.jpg
      221.7 KB · Views: 114
    • jacket2.jpg
      jacket2.jpg
      240.3 KB · Views: 83
    • jacket3.jpg
      jacket3.jpg
      223.2 KB · Views: 83
    • jacket4.jpg
      jacket4.jpg
      224.1 KB · Views: 82
    • steve and i.jpg
      steve and i.jpg
      43.1 KB · Views: 93
    Last edited:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I was told this style was made after Korea but before Vietnam. That lines up with dads time line too.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    My father was JPSO K-9 way back in the Kronvich days. Mr. Curley Benton, Richard Ducote, Paul Perete was some of officers I remember. Merlin Bruin was at our house eating lunch when he responded to the call where he was shot and killed. I can still see him waving to me when he left the house. I was outside riding my bike. I also remember the Howard Johnson (Essex) when he left the house to assist with that. Yes JP did also help NOPD with that one. Man I’m getting old.

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    It is good to know that you got to know your dad while growing up the only thing I have of my dad is a folded flag and three shells, keep those memories alive.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Sorry to hear that. I thank your dad for his service. I also have my dads folded flag in a presentation box. (Navy) Korean Vet. I dated a young lady in High School that found out about her biological father while digging through a box in the attic and found the Flag among other things. He was killed in Vietnam when she was born. Tough time but she was able to connect with his family.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    It is good to know that you got to know your dad while growing up the only thing I have of my dad is a folded flag and three shells, keep those memories alive.
    Sorry for your loss, No matter when it was, it is always hard.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    340six -- well, you dad and my dad must have crossed paths in their military career. My dad moved to the base when the unit moved from Lakefront Airport to the Air station in 1958. He retired in 1987 on his 60th B-day with 42 years, 8 months and 11 days -- He joined the Navy when he was 17 during WWII.

Crusader

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2007
    Great history! I was a K9 officer with NOPD at that time and remember all of those guys. I left NOPD just weeks before Howard Johnson or I would have been in the middle of it. Several of the officers I worked with died in that thing.

ChUCK N5UXV
    CRUSADER

Top Bottom