Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast
    Marksman

why are gun parts/accessories shops so un-modern?

ive ordered several parts recently thru various online parts/accessory shops.

almost all of them are just like ordering from wish as far as time to ship, and actual shipping time.
    and the shipping cost is so high at every single one. $6 to ship a $2.30, 1" spring via usps!?!

and if they get the part wrong, or it is defective, its on your dime to ship it back. making you responsible for their mess-up.

its sad when WALMART! has a better online presence than shops like midway that have been online at least 5x longer than walmart.

i have been going thru amazon even tho i pay a slightly higher price, because i KNOW ill get it fast, and if there is an issue, they will take care of it. also they wont charge $6 to ship a 1" spring.

Marksman
    also making it near impossible to change addresses or payment info, sending partial tracking info, etc....

It cost a lot of money to update systems... Walmart has the money and the people to do it... Meanwhile who knows if the profits Midway makes justify dropping the funds on an upgrade to their systems... Maybe is the customers fire back more often then it would change... But it would have to be a whole lot of bad feedback... After all it would be cheaper to lose just a few customers then upgrade their systems and re-train everyone... Cost/benefit thing...
    Motorcycles and guns, how fun....

On Target
    I have ordered from midway and had to ship a defective item back. They send me a free shipping label for shipping. I also order a lot of items from OpticsPlanet with the same thing and most of the time free shipping. No I don't get two/three day shipping but 4 and 5 is good. I also don't have to pay extra for the product and that prime yearly fee.

Sent from my SM-T537V using Tapatalk

Marksman
    I've had this same issue with optics planet a few times. Ordered several items and got one of their confirmations with a tracking number pretty quickly. That being said, that tracking number surely didn't have any information on it for quite a few days. Emails to them usually take a day or so to hear back. I've now started to find the same items on Amazon. Like you, don't mind paying a bit more and have it with a definite ship and deliver date. Usually I'll hit up the two independent gun stores by me first. If they are too expensive or I'm in a time crunch I'll mosey along and try to locate it on Amazon.

Marksman
    Look at Primary Arms. Large selection, OK pricing and superfast shipping albeit at similar pricing to others

Marksman
    Quote Originally Posted by Lets_Ride View Post
    Look at Primary Arms. Large selection, OK pricing and superfast shipping albeit at similar pricing to others
    they sell only ar/ak type stuff.

Marksman
    Quote Originally Posted by bowhtr1 View Post
    I have ordered from midway and had to ship a defective item back. They send me a free shipping label for shipping. I also order a lot of items from OpticsPlanet with the same thing and most of the time free shipping. No I don't get two/three day shipping but 4 and 5 is good. I also don't have to pay extra for the product and that prime yearly fee.

Sent from my SM-T537V using Tapatalk
    this wasnt midway, sportsmans guide iirc.

Marksman
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsbud View Post
    It cost a lot of money to update systems... Walmart has the money and the people to do it... Meanwhile who knows if the profits Midway makes justify dropping the funds on an upgrade to their systems... Maybe is the customers fire back more often then it would change... But it would have to be a whole lot of bad feedback... After all it would be cheaper to lose just a few customers then upgrade their systems and re-train everyone... Cost/benefit thing...

Thas a croc of crap.It doesn't take much at all to update a server.Hire a decent IT guy.
    He will spend maybe 3-4 days maximum updating EVERYTHING!!!

Company's are rich and lazy,such as midway.Id rather eat wal mart pizza than to order
    from that fraud.

Sportmans guide are good folk as many others in the industry.Nothing wrong with
    ordering from amazon or ebay.If they have it and its fair price and fast ship,
    there is no reason not too.These nay sayers of amazon,eflay and others are just
    FOS. Most are fat tubs with a crossfit holster LoL

Marksman
    A couple of years ago, I needed to replace the exhaust system on my boat. The exhaust consisted of black iron pipe, but I needed the gasket to attach to the engine. The gasket was $2.30, but they wanted $18 for shipping. I called the company and told them that was nuts. They agreed and sent it for $5. Still high considering, but I didn't argue. It would have been a pain to try to find another or cut one, etc. this probably wouldn't work with Walmart, but you never know. They probably ship it to your store for free. That reminds me, I have been looking at handgun for my daughter and browsing the Academy website to see what's on sale. They had one of those "put it in your cart to see our awesome price" and I noticed they didn't have it in the local store, but would be happy to charge $10 extra to ship to the store. Oh, well, I'd rather pay a little more and support a small shop anyway.