Mini shot shells

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ramsey6199

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Crowley area.
    Anyone have experience with these? Got some for Christmas. While they wont cycle in my KSG, I was thinking about running them through the 870. Any feeding problems with them?

AZ2VET

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2017
    Ponchatoula, La.
    From what I have seen on you tube about the mini shells they should work in the 870 due to the solid shell carrier used. I have seen several videos showing them working in the KSG. Heck Kel Tec advertises the KSG-24 as being 40 +1 with them. In a Mossberg or Maverick you need an OP-SOL spacer.

ramsey6199

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Crowley area.
    That's weird.. I'll definitely have to check them out more thoroughly on the KSG because I had extraction issues with them. When loading 3" shells it had no issues.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    they cycle in my 870, but if you baby it they don't load correctly. great for range fun with low recoil but not reliable enough for home defense.

I have Aguila Mini shells in 7&1/2 shot size. ( https://www.aguilaammo.com/shotshell/) they have other brands that are slightly longer that MAY cycle better, but i haven't tried them.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    they cycle in my 870, but if you baby it they don't load correctly. great for range fun with low recoil but not reliable enough for home defense.

I have Aguila Mini shells in 7&1/2 shot size. ( https://www.aguilaammo.com/shotshell/) they have other brands that are slightly longer that MAY cycle better, but i haven't tried them.

So they're not reliable from experience on the range or if you "Baby it" when charging them? I guess what I'm asking is why are you saying they aren't reliable for home defense?

PECEMKR

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    NOLA
    Rem 870 will feed 2" mini shells, not the 1 3/4' currently made. The Mossberg with the adapter seems to be fairly reliable.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...-1-4-00-buckshot-6-pellets-50-rounds?a=669205

166280m2_ts.jpg

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    I said they aren't reliable for home defense because I had malfunctions with them when i was at the range. Most of the malfunctions happened when cycling the action slowly "babying it". that was my experience. As a result of that experience I would not trust them for defense.

Last edited:

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    From what I have seen on you tube about the mini shells they should work in the 870 due to the solid shell carrier used. I have seen several videos showing them working in the KSG. Heck Kel Tec advertises the KSG-24 as being 40 +1 with them. In a Mossberg or Maverick you need an OP-SOL spacer.

Yep,we did alot of testing on that ksg and utas.Utas won by miles.
    The utas even shot upside down in a pool about 3 ft below surface.

If you had a utas.it would shoot the minis.I load mine with 24 of
    them and get r dunnnnn.Just hard to find minis anymore.I get most
    of mine from shows.

Good Luck!!!!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’ve been shooting the Aguila mini shells since the 90’s out of at least 2 of my Mossberg 500’s and I’ve had one failure where the shell flipped on the carrier due to my failure to purposely rack the pump. Those 20 round boxes have doubled in price tho. I prolly wouldn’t buy them now.

Top Bottom