Tammany Trace carry

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    You asked the question in a public forum so I it is everybody's lane. If it was meant to be a private question, you have the option of asking it in private. And based on your reply, my speculation was spot on. If his interpretation of the law is correct, his being a lawyer or not is irrelevant. If he is a lawyer, his interpretation could be wrong. Not all lawyers are right all of the time. Not all non-lawyers are wrong all of the time.

And when I refer to relevant and irrelevant, I speak in the context of the topic of discussion. That information may be relevant or irrelevant to you personally.

Oh well excuse me for assuming that it would not be confusing to some people. If I quote a post and add the word “YOU”, I’m directing it at that person. Thanks for the lesson on lawyers and who is right and not right sometimes, you surely cleared it up for me. You seem to know an awful lot about everything so do you know if Nathan is a lawyer? That was the original question but if you would like to argue and turn this into a **** show I’m game. To be a moderator you are very argumentative and I bet once someone beats you at your own game you will fall back on the rules that you do not follow. With that being said, if you don’t know the answer to the original question then I guess you should have nothing else to add.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Oh well excuse me for assuming that it would not be confusing to some people. If I quote a post and add the word “YOU”, I’m directing it at that person. Thanks for the lesson on lawyers and who is right and not right sometimes, you surely cleared it up for me. You seem to know an awful lot about everything so do you know if Nathan is a lawyer? That was the original question but if you would like to argue and turn this into a **** show I’m game. To be a moderator you are very argumentative and I bet once someone beats you at your own game you will fall back on the rules that you do not follow. With that being said, if you don’t know the answer to the original question then I guess you should have nothing else to add.

If the answer about his being a lawyer affects the correctness of information, it's a logical error called argument from authority. Using his position, rather than the correctness of the information he presented, to make a point makes that point invalid. If the answer about his being a lawyer does not affect the correctness of the information, then the definition of irrelevant has been satisfied.

There's no show. The question is either irrelevant to the information or it's logically wrong. And I'm not arguing. I'm presenting fact that you don't like. As far as what I know, there's a lot that I know a little about and a little that I know a lot about.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    First of all the question was not directed at you. I am curious if he is a lawyer because he post a lot about interpretations of the law. I am also curious as to why you feel you can dictate to me what is relevant and irrelevant. I would suggest you stay in your lane.

Search his post and you will see a trend......don’t fall for it.

Now I have often wondered if Nathan was a lawyer also. Not because I feel he is wrong or right but only because if he is I would give his replies more credit. If he’s not I would take his opinion with a grain of salt.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    If the answer about his being a lawyer affects the correctness of information, it's a logical error called argument from authority. Using his position, rather than the correctness of the information he presented, to make a point makes that point invalid. If the answer about his being a lawyer does not affect the correctness of the information, then the definition of irrelevant has been satisfied.

There's no show. The question is either irrelevant to the information or it's logically wrong. And I'm not arguing. I'm presenting fact that you don't like. As far as what I know, there's a lot that I know a little about and a little that I know a lot about.

It was a question directed at Nathan, but thanks for the paragraphs of useless BS. One again, thanks for explaining what is relevant or irrelevant to me. This has been entertaining though.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Search his post and you will see a trend......don’t fall for it.

Now I have often wondered if Nathan was a lawyer also. Not because I feel he is wrong or right but only because if he is I would give his replies more credit. If he’s not I would take his opinion with a grain of salt.

Exactly, he gives the impression he has experience with law in a professional capacity. My question was a simple one, or so I thought.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Are you a lawyer? I ask so I know how to take your opinions as well.

And here lies the problem with bayoushooter. If we had a plumber on here I would want his opinion on fixing my plumbing. If Nathan is a lawyer I will value his opinion on law more than the plumber. Get it?

STPHomie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2015
    Madisonville
    Slidell

If Abita Springs takes the same tack that St. Tammany Parish has taken, I cannot imagine this not ending up in court.

What about Slidell? I don't think theirs has ended up in court yet.

https://library.municode.com/la/slidell/

Sec. 10-36. - Rules, regulations, and restrictions upon the possession of a firearm on property comprising of parks, playgrounds, recreational areas or facilities or buildings owned or operated by the city.
    (a) It is unlawful for any employees, former employees, customers, and visitors, including individuals in possession of a statewide permit for concealed handguns, except law enforcement officers or properly qualified retired law enforcement officers, to bring a firearm(s) onto city premises. It shall be unlawful for any person to have in his possession a firearm, pellet gun, BB gun or other instrument/weapon customarily used or intended for probable use as a dangerous weapon on property comprising parks, playgrounds, recreational areas or facilities or buildings owned or operated by the city. Under the laws and regulations provided hereinabove, a person who legally possesses a firearm may secure the firearm in a case stored in a locked privately owned vehicle and/or hidden from plain view in that vehicle while entering and/or visiting property owned and administered by the city. (b) This section shall not apply to: (1) Any law enforcement officer in the performance of his official duties; (2) Historic weapons or reproduction historic weapons when used in accordance with the department of cultural arts; (3) Weapons kept in a case within a locked privately owned vehicle and/or hidden from plain view in that vehicle; (4) Instances where the mayor has granted special permission because the possession of a weapon(s) will be used in a manner that furthers the purposes and objectives of the city.
    (Ord. No. 3841, 12-6-2016)

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    And here lies the problem with bayoushooter. If we had a plumber on here I would want his opinion on fixing my plumbing. If Nathan is a lawyer I will value his opinion on law more than the plumber. Get it?

Would you value the plumber's opinion if the lawyer agreed with the plumber?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What about Slidell? I don't think theirs has ended up in court yet.

https://library.municode.com/la/slidell/

Sec. 10-36. - Rules, regulations, and restrictions upon the possession of a firearm on property comprising of parks, playgrounds, recreational areas or facilities or buildings owned or operated by the city.
    (a) It is unlawful for any employees, former employees, customers, and visitors, including individuals in possession of a statewide permit for concealed handguns, except law enforcement officers or properly qualified retired law enforcement officers, to bring a firearm(s) onto city premises. It shall be unlawful for any person to have in his possession a firearm, pellet gun, BB gun or other instrument/weapon customarily used or intended for probable use as a dangerous weapon on property comprising parks, playgrounds, recreational areas or facilities or buildings owned or operated by the city. Under the laws and regulations provided hereinabove, a person who legally possesses a firearm may secure the firearm in a case stored in a locked privately owned vehicle and/or hidden from plain view in that vehicle while entering and/or visiting property owned and administered by the city. (b) This section shall not apply to: (1) Any law enforcement officer in the performance of his official duties; (2) Historic weapons or reproduction historic weapons when used in accordance with the department of cultural arts; (3) Weapons kept in a case within a locked privately owned vehicle and/or hidden from plain view in that vehicle; (4) Instances where the mayor has granted special permission because the possession of a weapon(s) will be used in a manner that furthers the purposes and objectives of the city.
    (Ord. No. 3841, 12-6-2016)

Do we know why it hasn't ended up in court? Maybe it's been in court but the legality of the law itself has never been challenged. As a case in point, we had use a "the park closes at dusk" municipal law as a justification to stop people in a particular park before. One night, we got a couple of people for drugs and guns. We wrote a municipal affidavit for the park and state charges for the guns and drugs found incident to arrest. One of the guys was looking at multiple offender status so he fought the legality of the "park closed" law. Because that was the probable cause for the search, getting the municipal law tossed could get the felony case tossed. At the end of the day, he won. I can't remember all of the reasons the judge threw out the ordinance. There was something about the lighting or how many and the location of the signes or the park being near an area the public could access. But the law had gone to court many times before but the legality of it had never been challenged.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I'm barely trying. All I've really done is present the same facts in different ways to try to help you out. And I don't think Nathan is a lawyer. I think he's a spy.

Once again be question was not directed at you. I could “think” or “guess” on my own.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    The more I read this thread, the more i know we have guys on here who never read.

Attachments

• How-to-win-friends-and-influence-people.jpg
      How-to-win-friends-and-influence-people.jpg
      28.2 KB · Views: 84
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member