Tammany Trace carry

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Sorry...my bad...I was wrong. I was reading and replying on my phone between stops today and thought it was you had posted it. Looking back now I see it was someone else and the post wasn't deleted. My apologies.[/

You re so quick to try and confront someone you are making mistakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You re so quick to try and confront someone you are making mistakes.

I'm not trying to confront people. I just don't usually sugar coat things and that can rub some people the wrong way. And I did make a mistake. But it wasn't because of my desire to confront them or I'd have gone on about the post I thought was deleted. And when I recognized I made the mistake, I explained how the mistake was made. I gave a reason for the mistake, not an excuse. And I concluded with an apology. That's hardly confrontational behavior. Perhaps you have a different perspective.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I'm not trying to confront people. I just don't usually sugar coat things and that can rub some people the wrong way. And I did make a mistake. But it wasn't because of my desire to confront them or I'd have gone on about the post I thought was deleted. And when I recognized I made the mistake, I explained how the mistake was made. I gave a reason for the mistake, not an excuse. And I concluded with an apology. That's hardly confrontational behavior. Perhaps you have a different perspective.

I just see you skirting around my question.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Do we know why it hasn't ended up in court? Maybe it's been in court but the legality of the law itself has never been challenged. As a case in point, we had use a "the park closes at dusk" municipal law as a justification to stop people in a particular park before. One night, we got a couple of people for drugs and guns. We wrote a municipal affidavit for the park and state charges for the guns and drugs found incident to arrest. One of the guys was looking at multiple offender status so he fought the legality of the "park closed" law. Because that was the probable cause for the search, getting the municipal law tossed could get the felony case tossed. At the end of the day, he won. I can't remember all of the reasons the judge threw out the ordinance. There was something about the lighting or how many and the location of the signes or the park being near an area the public could access. But the law had gone to court many times before but the legality of it had never been challenged.

Sounds like a stop on Bayou St. John just outside of City Park after the Park was “closed.”

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    This thread is officially a **** show, brought to you by your friendly moderator. Explain that one admins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Your expert LEO opinion about the law in regards to this topic, in this thread, where there are five pages of posts, which consist mostly of you trying to act like a cool kid and failing miserably.

I personally disagree with it. By making a law that denies the law abiding citizen the opportunity to defend themselves they are giving the advantage to the criminal. I believe if the government is going to restrict your ability to defend yourself, they should be made to provide that protection for you. Like in a courthouse.

But my expert LEO opinion says I don't really have an opinion. It's my job to enforce the laws, even the ones I don't agree with. I don't know what the signs say at the actual trail but the differences between the website and the law makes it easier to use some discretion. Sometimes, as an LEO, you have to enforce laws you don't agree with.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Not Mike, but that sounds like a typical 3rd or 8th district case. The little bit of time I spent in those two districts I made sure I didn’t pick up on certain habits...

As a "jump out boy" we would do plainclothes work in that area if the 64's got too bad. We used the ordinance to our advantage when we could.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I'm just glad my original post didn't get derailed. (sarcasm)

Sent from the Bayou Bunker Command Center, Portable Unit #33, FEMA Region 6.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I personally disagree with it. By making a law that denies the law abiding citizen the opportunity to defend themselves they are giving the advantage to the criminal. I believe if the government is going to restrict your ability to defend yourself, they should be made to provide that protection for you. Like in a courthouse.

But my expert LEO opinion says I don't really have an opinion. It's my job to enforce the laws, even the ones I don't agree with. I don't know what the signs say at the actual trail but the differences between the website and the law makes it easier to use some discretion. Sometimes, as an LEO, you have to enforce laws you don't agree with.

Cool.

So you agree that it doesn't ****ing matter if someone asks Nathan Hale if they are a lawyer?

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    As a "jump out boy" we would do plainclothes work in that area if the 64's got too bad. We used the ordinance to our advantage when we could.

Yeah, well being a “jump out boy” making ******** municipal arrests wasn’t looked kindly upon in other districts.

State arrests (not 17F’s either) is what kept you out of a powder blue shirt working on the watch.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom