Tammany Trace carry

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    So does anyone know if Nathan Hale is an attorney?

When a taxicab drivers legal advice is equal to a lawyers why would anyone invest time and money in becoming a attorney?

Wait! Didn’t you have a profile pic? I’m gonna guess it wasn’t a pic of you?

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It's not a joke. It's a legitimate question. The dude pulled up some statutes that I couldn't inmediately find.

if Perez didn't have 1/3 the replies in this 120+ comment thread, we may have had a legitimate discussion going on.

That's some funny stuff. My goal was to keep the discussion legitimate. If Hale is not a lawyer, the information he provided would have been taken "with a grain of salt" or dismissed all together. I wanted to legitimately discuss the information itself.

He referenced section O
    http://www.legis.la.gov/Legis/Law.aspx?d=97451

He referenced section A
    http://www.legis.la.gov/Legis/Law.aspx?d=97860

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    That's some funny stuff. My goal was to keep the discussion legitimate. If Hale is not a lawyer, the information he provided would have been taken "with a grain of salt" or dismissed all together. I wanted to legitimately discuss the information itself.

He referenced section O
    http://www.legis.la.gov/Legis/Law.aspx?d=97451

He referenced section A
    http://www.legis.la.gov/Legis/Law.aspx?d=97860

That’s the problem, you feel the need to keep the discussion legitimate as you see fit. The original question I asked has absolutely nothing to do with you but you attempted to set me up for an argument. You failed miserably and now you are trying to give excuses. It’s not working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    That’s the problem, you feel the need to keep the discussion legitimate as you see fit. The original question I asked has absolutely nothing to do with you but you attempted to set me up for an argument. You failed miserably and now you are trying to give excuses. It’s not working.

I wasn't setting you up for an argument. I wanted to keep the topic on the information rather than the person delivering the information. But here, I'll make it up to you. He's an attorney. Does that add legitimacy to his information that was not there before you knew?

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany

Join the club. This dipshit keeps answering for other people, even after he has been repeatedly told no one wants his opinion.

i apologize to the OP. Perez turned this thread into a dumpster fire with his look at me attitude.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    What about Slidell? I don't think theirs has ended up in court yet.

https://library.municode.com/la/slidell/

Sec. 10-36. - Rules, regulations, and restrictions upon the possession of a firearm on property comprising of parks, playgrounds, recreational areas or facilities or buildings owned or operated by the city.
    (a) It is unlawful for any employees, former employees, customers, and visitors, including individuals in possession of a statewide permit for concealed handguns, except law enforcement officers or properly qualified retired law enforcement officers, to bring a firearm(s) onto city premises. It shall be unlawful for any person to have in his possession a firearm, pellet gun, BB gun or other instrument/weapon customarily used or intended for probable use as a dangerous weapon on property comprising parks, playgrounds, recreational areas or facilities or buildings owned or operated by the city. Under the laws and regulations provided hereinabove, a person who legally possesses a firearm may secure the firearm in a case stored in a locked privately owned vehicle and/or hidden from plain view in that vehicle while entering and/or visiting property owned and administered by the city. (b) This section shall not apply to: (1) Any law enforcement officer in the performance of his official duties; (2) Historic weapons or reproduction historic weapons when used in accordance with the department of cultural arts; (3) Weapons kept in a case within a locked privately owned vehicle and/or hidden from plain view in that vehicle; (4) Instances where the mayor has granted special permission because the possession of a weapon(s) will be used in a manner that furthers the purposes and objectives of the city.
    (Ord. No. 3841, 12-6-2016)

I've worked in Slidell for over 18 years. I've never written any violation for anything in section 10 of the code of ordinances, or been called about of a violation of such, although some recreation department employees got huffy with our shift one day when we were off and gonna BBQ with our families in the park. Now that BBQ grill got 'em really worked up, and it wasn't even concealed!

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Thanks 340six...

I'm glad to know I got an infraction for breaking marketplace rules in this thread...

You and Perez should both get the boot.

Ok I clicked market place I am not perfect. Easy mistake! Since you want to put it out for anyone to see. The reason was the same no matter what.
    The infraction was for. Rudeness or personal attacks - While we appreciate passionate and informed discussion we will not allow rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, purposeless inflammatory posts, or trolling. If you do not like a thread or do not have anything positive to say, do not post anything at all! That's what the warning was for and clearly says
    Since you brought it to my attention. I was nice, gave you "a no points warning" Not an infraction!
    I wanted you to get a warning! I can if you like, reverse that easy enough. And give you an infraction Just let me know.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Ok I clicked market place I am not perfect. Easy mistake! Since you want to put it out for anyone to see. The reason was the same no matter what.
    The infraction was for. Rudeness or personal attacks - While we appreciate passionate and informed discussion we will not allow rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, purposeless inflammatory posts, or trolling. If you do not like a thread or do not have anything positive to say, do not post anything at all!

Shouldn’t the same apply to moderators? Have you read through this thread? A member getting an infraction while Perez runs wild across the site is a slap in the face to members here.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    He got a warning so he would calm down, and the reason was listed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom