Tammany Trace carry

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I wasn't called out. It was actually you. That's what started all this. You didn't like it and got defensive, telling me to stay in my lane. You're the one who asked an irrelevant question. You kept telling me to stop telling you it was irrelevant but no relivence was ever mentioned. At least not by you. Bigtattoo79, on the other hand, did. If Hale was a lawyer, the information would be more credible. If Hale was not, the information would be taken with a grain of salt. Can you hear how crazy that sounds? Claiming the accuracy of the information changes with his profession even though the information itself doesn't change. Believe it or not, I was trying to help you. You at least made up an unrelated scenario about going to a lawyer over a plumber for legal advice (I would go to the lawyer as well) and had enough sense to deflect when I tried to bring it back.

So if you'd like to keep this in the open, so be it. You can't say I didn't offer. If you want to suggest, or in the case of bigtattoo79 flat out say, the accuracy of the information will change based on Hale's profession, so be it. I certainly hope I'm not the only one who sees how crazy that sounds.

You are blinded by your arrogance. I do not have to explain a question to you that I asked someone else. I haven’t seen a rule that says I need your approval to ask a question. Keep making yourself look like an ass, it’s entertaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You are blinded by your arrogance. I do not have to explain a question to you that I asked someone else. I haven’t seen a rule that says I need your approval to ask a question. Keep making yourself look like an ass, it’s entertaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You don't need my approval. That was my point from the beginning. It's a public forum. We don't need someone's approval to join the conversation. Now you're starting to get it.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Now I have often wondered if Nathan was a lawyer also. Not because I feel he is wrong or right but only because if he is I would give his replies more credit. If he’s not I would take his opinion with a grain of salt.

So if you'd like to keep this in the open, so be it. You can't say I didn't offer. If you want to suggest, or in the case of bigtattoo79 flat out say, the accuracy of the information will change based on Hale's profession, so be it. I certainly hope I'm not the only one who sees how crazy that sounds.

I never said it *WILL* change! I said he could be right or wrong I wasn’t sure. He post a LOT of legal info over the years and I don’t know his background. When trusting the legal advise of others wouldn’t you take a lawyers advice over a taxicab drivers? *Of course the taxicab driver COULD be right*.

With all the legal info Nathan post he shouldn’t be offended by that question. And we don’t know if he was offended but it definitely hit a nerve with you *why I don’t know*.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I never said it *WILL* change! I said he could be right or wrong I wasn’t sure. He post a LOT of legal info over the years and I don’t know his background. When trusting the legal advise of others wouldn’t you take a lawyers advice over a taxicab drivers? *Of course the taxicab driver COULD be right*.

With all the legal info Nathan post he shouldn’t be offended by that question. And we don’t know if he was offended but it definitely hit a nerve with you *why I don’t know*.

I would trust the accurate advice, regardless of the source.

Suppose the taxicab driver and the lawyer both gave you the same information. Which one's information was more accurate?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

It didn't hit a nerve with me. All I did was correct motor 51's incorrect logic. That set him off.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Wouldn't be 8 pages if nobody would have jump in Motor's **** when he just asked a question for Nathan. Damn new people

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I would trust the accurate advice, regardless of the source.

Suppose the taxicab driver and the lawyer both gave you the same information. Which one's information was more accurate?

How do you know the info from one person was accurate if you don’t question the source to some extent. Again he could be 100% correct but I don’t know his history involving law.

If the taxicab driver and the lawyer both gave the same advice I would say they were equally accurate. Now the question for you is what if the taxicab driver and the lawyer gave you different information. Who’s is more accurate?

Also I’ve seen MANY cases that the taxicab drivers info was spot on but I’m more likely to double check it given the source.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    How do you know the info from one person was accurate if you don’t question the source to some extent. Again he could be 100% correct but I don’t know his history involving law.

If the taxicab driver and the lawyer both gave the same advice I would say they were equally accurate. Now the question for you is what if the taxicab driver and the lawyer gave you different information. Who’s is more accurate?

Also I’ve seen MANY cases that the taxicab drivers info was spot on but I’m more likely to double check it given the source.

How do you know the info is correct? You double check the info. Using the profession to verify the info is, frankly, the lazy and inaccurate way. But it's quick and easy so it takes the place of more critical thinking so most people use it a lot, myself included.

Yes, the same information from multiple sources are equally accurate. And that's what he have here when motor51 asked in Nathan was a lawyer. The question had 2 possible answers.
    1. Lawyer Nathan gave some information.
    2. Non-lawyer Nathan gave some information.
    It's the same information in both possibilities. As you said, they are both equally accurate. Which brings us back to the beginning of this mess. The question is irrelevant when evaluating the provided information. Now the information may be spot on or it may be dead wrong. I'm not arguing Nathan is a legal genius. I'm just trying to keep things on topic and evaluate the information itself. Put it under scrutiny rather than the source of the information. Because, as you stated, the source of the information does not determine its accuracy. Can we agree on that before we move on to if they had given different information?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom