Tammany Trace carry

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    That's been my point all along. It's so refreshing to see that you agree with me.

Your point all has been your need to cover your ass after posting a stupid comment and drifting out of your lane. You should wise up. You're apparently not well liked here.

I don't agree with you: I think you're a ****ing moron.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    How do you know the info is correct? You double check the info. Using the profession to verify the info is, frankly, the lazy and inaccurate way. But it's quick and easy so it takes the place of more critical thinking so most people use it a lot, myself included.

Yes, the same information from multiple sources are equally accurate. And that's what he have here when motor51 asked in Nathan was a lawyer. The question had 2 possible answers.
    1. Lawyer Nathan gave some information.
    2. Non-lawyer Nathan gave some information.
    It's the same information in both possibilities. As you said, they are both equally accurate. Which brings us back to the beginning of this mess. The question is irrelevant when evaluating the provided information. Now the information may be spot on or it may be dead wrong. I'm not arguing Nathan is a legal genius. I'm just trying to keep things on topic and evaluate the information itself. Put it under scrutiny rather than the source of the information. Because, as you stated, the source of the information does not determine its accuracy. Can we agree on that before we move on to if they had given different information?

When working a case as a deputy and you need help deciding the best charges to use would you call a taxicab driver or a sgt/Lt?

If you can’t understand why I would trust a lawyers advise over a taxicab cab drivers advice when involving laws that affect my freedom I don’t know what to say. Do I consult a lawyer on everything? No. Somethings I do go with what the taxicab driver says if it doesn’t effect me at that current time. If it effects me right now I will consult a lawyer.

On number 2: Non-lawyer Nathan gave some information.
    It's the same information in both possibilities. As you said, they are both equally accurate. (You asked what “if” they both gave the same advice? I then said they would be equally accurate). In this case the taxicab driver is the only advice. So in this post I don’t know how accurate the taxicab drivers advise is because we haven’t had a lawyer agree with him yet lol.

If the taxicab driver said no I’m not a lawyer but I have a huge interest in LA gun laws and spend tons of time researching them I would think his info is a bit better than a taxicab driver that smokes crack lol.
    Or how about he has a huge interest in LA gun laws and his dad is a lawyer then I would think he has more access to law advice than me.

Just please if you are ever charged with a crime please hire a taxicab driver to represent you.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    When working a case as a deputy and you need help deciding the best charges to use would you call a taxicab driver or a sgt/Lt?

If you can’t understand why I would trust a lawyers advise over a taxicab cab drivers advice when involving laws that affect my freedom I don’t know what to say. Do I consult a lawyer on everything? No. Somethings I do go with what the taxicab driver says if it doesn’t effect me at that current time. If it effects me right now I will consult a lawyer.

On number 2: Non-lawyer Nathan gave some information.
    It's the same information in both possibilities. As you said, they are both equally accurate. (You asked what *if* they both gave the same advice? I then said they would be equally accurate). In this case the taxicab driver is the only advice. So in this post I don’t know how accurate the taxicab drivers advise is because we haven’t had a lawyer agree with him yet lol.

If the taxicab driver said no I’m not a lawyer but I have a huge interest in LA gun laws and spend tons of time researching them I would think his info is a bit better than a taxicab driver that smokes crack lol.
    Or how about he has a huge interest in LA gun laws and his dad is a lawyer then I would think he has more access to law advice than me.

Just please if you are ever charged with a crime please hire a taxicab driver to represent you.

They are both equally accurate. That means they could both be true or they could both be false. And a lawyer agreeing or disagreeing with the statement will not change how accurate the taxicab's advice is. It will only change the degree to which you will accept the advice as accurate because the lawyer represents an authority. You can substitute the lawyer's authority for any thinking you would have to do. The fact is the accuracy of the taxicab's advice will not change. The accuracy of the information is what it is. It will be the same if a lawyer agrees with him or disagrees with him.

Here's an example. "It's raining outside right now." If it's a sunny day and a meteorologist agrees with the statement, is the statement true? If it's actually raining and the meteorologist disagrees with the statement, is the statement false? The authority of the meteorologist does not change the accuracy of the statement. You can look outside and decide if the statement is true or false.

In the same way, "R.S.40:1379.3(O.) must be read in conjunction with R.S.40:1796(A.)" is either true or it is false. Nathan's profession will not change that. A lawyer agreeing or disagreeing with the statement will not change the statement's accuracy. People want to hear it from a lawyer so they will feel comfortable believing it or not believing it without having to figure it out themselves. Humans are naturally lazy. They look for the easy way out. Rather than answer the question "is the message true or false?", they will substitute the question "do I feel the messenger is credible or not?" The answer to the second question will, possibly erroneously, satisfy the first question.

As far as the best charges, I'm not charging someone with felony theft if they stole a bottle of whiskey just because a rank said that was the best charge.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You asked the question in a public forum so I it is everybody's lane. If it was meant to be a private question, you have the option of asking it in private. And based on your reply, my speculation was spot on. If his interpretation of the law is correct, his being a lawyer or not is irrelevant. If he is a lawyer, his interpretation could be wrong. Not all lawyers are right all of the time. Not all non-lawyers are wrong all of the time.

And when I refer to relevant and irrelevant, I speak in the context of the topic of discussion. That information may be relevant or irrelevant to you personally.

Your idiocy is what caused all of this. The question wasn't for you, nor does it pertain to the credibility of the information Nathan posted.

Your point all has been your need to cover your ass after posting a stupid comment and drifting out of your lane. You should wise up. You're apparently not well liked here.

I don't agree with you: I think you're a ****ing moron.

It appears that you do agree with a ****ing moron. I guess that would make you Radio Jr.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    They are both equally accurate. That means they could both be true or they could both be false. And a lawyer agreeing or disagreeing with the statement will not change how accurate the taxicab's advice is. It will only change the degree to which you will accept the advice as accurate because the lawyer represents an authority. You can substitute the lawyer's authority for any thinking you would have to do. The fact is the accuracy of the taxicab's advice will not change. The accuracy of the information is what it is. It will be the same if a lawyer agrees with him or disagrees with him.

Here's an example. "It's raining outside right now." If it's a sunny day and a meteorologist agrees with the statement, is the statement true? If it's actually raining and the meteorologist disagrees with the statement, is the statement false? The authority of the meteorologist does not change the accuracy of the statement. You can look outside and decide if the statement is true or false.

In the same way, "R.S.40:1379.3(O.) must be read in conjunction with R.S.40:1796(A.)" is either true or it is false. Nathan's profession will not change that. A lawyer agreeing or disagreeing with the statement will not change the statement's accuracy. People want to hear it from a lawyer so they will feel comfortable believing it or not believing it without having to figure it out themselves. Humans are naturally lazy. They look for the easy way out. Rather than answer the question "is the message true or false?", they will substitute the question "do I feel the messenger is credible or not?" The answer to the second question will, possibly erroneously, satisfy the first question.

As far as the best charges, I'm not charging someone with felony theft if they stole a bottle of whiskey just because a rank said that was the best charge.

OK

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    It appears that you do agree with a ****ing moron. I guess that would make you Radio Jr.

Jesus Christ, you are ****ing stupid...

Let me break it down for you.

1) Motor asked a question to Hale
    2) You questioned Motor's question
    3) Motor told you the question wasn't for you
    4) You burned 5+ pages bitching about why your opinion matters

No one gives a **** what you have to say. No one cares about the 200 paragraphs of why you gave your opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL

mama always said the best way to get an idiot to shut up, is to agree with them

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Jesus Christ, you are ****ing stupid...

Let me break it down for you.

1) Motor asked a question to Hale
    2) You questioned Motor's question
    3) Motor told you the question wasn't for you
    4) You burned 5+ pages bitching about why your opinion matters

No one gives a **** what you have to say. No one cares about the 200 paragraphs of why you gave your opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL

mama always said the best way to get an idiot to shut up, is to agree with them

Ok, Radio Jr.

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I think I know this cab driver whom also moonlights as a bartender.

I believe he once was a lawyer but made enough money to get out of the rat race and downsized to driving a cab just for insurance.

However he keeps abreast of legal laws and changes and freely dispenses the information as a public service.

More so the bulk of his audience can be found in any bar room in any town on a Saturday night.

He generally only works for tips.

I hope this cleared things up!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom