Sig Sauer P365

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Do not like this part.

Unfortunately, with at least one round in every magazine on that first day, the pistol failed to completely go into battery. Initially, SIG employees told me I was limp wristing the pistol. As I was wearing gloves and it was very cold, I figured we’d see if that was actually the problem once we were inside on the second day. However, it turned out that all of the press, and a couple of SIG personnel shooting the pistol that day, experienced the same issue.

hkump

Rating - 100%
    314   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA
    I think he stated that it was due to the lubricant that they used on that day:

"The failure to go into battery issues went away. In fact, I had zero malfunctions and I fired three times as many rounds in the second day as the first. Based on this, I’d say that the lubricant used the first day was not appropriate for the environment. It’s an important issue which few consider until they are in that situation."

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I think he stated that it was due to the lubricant that they used on that day:

"The failure to go into battery issues went away. In fact, I had zero malfunctions and I fired three times as many rounds in the second day as the first. Based on this, I’d say that the lubricant used the first day was not appropriate for the environment. It’s an important issue which few consider until they are in that situation."

That was a guess as according to him no one would say what lubricant was used the first day.
    This is 2018 and Sig should know how to lubricate a pistol.

DaSouthernYankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Looks like a potential winner to me. Bridges the gap between the single stack 9's and the g26/27 type guns for those who want a slimmer profile than a 26/27 but have a thicker grip than the single stack guns. Also having the same capacity as the baby Glocks is a big win, imo. I think Sig actually knocked one out if the park for a change, so congratulations to them (assuming it's actually durable, reliable, drop safe like they claim, Etc).

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm pissed off at Sig Sauer for advertising this as a "high capacity" gun. It isn't ... 10 to 12 rounds capacity is standard capacity by any rational definition.

Mike

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I'm pissed off at Sig Sauer for advertising this as a "high capacity" gun. It isn't ... 10 to 12 rounds capacity is standard capacity by any rational definition.

Mike

I think they just mean high capacity for a firearm of this size. I'm liking everything I see. Once it's been out for a while and has plenty of reviews and such, I'd probably sell one of my carry pieces to pick one of these up. DaSouthernYankee might be right about Sig hitting one out of the park here. And I can't wait to find out!

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    MAP is $499.99.

How in the EFF does sig establish the model numbers? Is it the amount of times it takes them to get to the final product? With that being said I have nothing against Sig.

Also it seems like it will be close in size to the Taurus PT111 G2.

Last edited:

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    MAP is $499.99.

How in the EFF does sig establish the model numbers? Is it the amount of times it takes them to get to the final product? With that being said I have nothing against Sig.

Also it seems like it will be close in size to the Taurus PT111 G2.

The same way European cars like BMW and Mercedes get their model numbers.

"I really like the new C class E3846 Boxer Hybrid"

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The same way European cars like BMW and Mercedes get their model numbers.

Merc and BMW used to have very logical naming/numbering systems that were designed by engineers and meant to convey information about the chassis, the engine, etc. Now it's all driven by marketing departments.

(Ferrari did the same thing for years. 308 meant a 3.0 liter V8, 328 meant a 3.2 liter V8, 512 meant a 5.0 liter V12, etc.)

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom