Legalize it All

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    My problem with legalizing marijuana is not the drug itself, it’s what the market will bring. With greater access to the product and little to no repercussions to its use. More people will use it, but these people will not magically get jobs or be productive to afford this. Many of the poorer folk and younger kids will break into your house or car, rob you at gun point etc to get money to buy said drugs.

Everyone knows someone that can get them Marijuana. Buy it and smoke it at home. Don’t need to legalize it. Let the dumb asses that smoke in public or sell to little kids get what they deserve

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Legalize everything. Let the idiots kill themselves off. Legit law enforcement officers have better things to do with their days anyway. like handling violent crimes for example. God knows NOPD and OPSO need all the help they can get in the violent crimes dept.

1st offense possession, the guy gets a summons. The cop has to go to the station to test the stuff. Then go to the evidence room to turn it in. Then wright a report. 1-1/2 hours of work for a charge that will likely get dropped.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    My problem with legalizing marijuana is not the drug itself, it’s what the market will bring. With greater access to the product and little to no repercussions to its use. More people will use it, but these people will not magically get jobs or be productive to afford this. Many of the poorer folk and younger kids will break into your house or car, rob you at gun point etc to get money to buy said drugs.

Everyone knows someone that can get them Marijuana. Buy it and smoke it at home. Don’t need to legalize it. Let the dumb asses that smoke in public or sell to little kids get what they deserve

noob, I respect you a lot and see the point you make but wanna point out something. Many of the poorer folk and younger kids already break into homes, cars and rob people at gun point etc to get money to buy beer, get prescriptions filled, buy street drugs etc. My thing is if we get rid of the black market of it why would it be any different than beer? More people are getting robbed dealing drugs in the back of the store than store employees are selling beer in the store.

IMO: The black market is a bigger problem than the drug itself.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    1st offense possession, the guy gets a summons. The cop has to go to the station to test the stuff. Then go to the evidence room to turn it in. Then wright a report. 1-1/2 hours of work for a charge that will likely get dropped.

What about DWI? DUI what ever ya want to call it? Maybe since you are in the area of work. You could clear up something for me.
    As of now, they have the drinking part down with proven test. I know in some police jurisdictions, they have to call out a specialty trained person to administer the test.
    Or the case could be tossed out in court.
    Same with old radar guns. Good Lawyers can get you out of Murder {see OJ Case}
    I like that here we are having a nice polite debate.
    But like anything it would have good and bad.
    The good The weed alone in small amounts puts a burden on the Police! Arrest, Testing, The Over Crowed Jails. Even Just the Extra Bookings and Release. They could be issuing a ticket and get what the state, parish, and city's want, Your $
    And get onto to, what they really can do, to make things better.
    The Bad I do think it would increase On the Job use, As well as the above mentioned DUI's and what would come with it.

Then there is the Question of Who gets the Go ahead to have it? I for one says if ya let anyone have it just go full on and let everyone.
    Lets face it Doctors would pop up and give papers / cards to anyone that pay them for one. You know all well even with sales just to those that need it medically it would get sold off. Passing the Law would be crazy Time and $ spent. But Taxes on it would help the State. Lets face it they need more $ so they can waste it. With anything the Government does the debate would be for ever! And cost $ debating it.
    Just those that need it medically? Or everyone? Just the terminal? Or those in real pain? Being Ok in the "State" but not the Feds Makes Insurance Company's not have to pay for it. Lets face it Ya give out Opiates So whats the difference?
    This is just me, But take a page from the Democrats. Regulate it like they do electricity! Allow only a certain profit margin on those who need it like the other drugs then already get! Verses those that just want it. Issue a card, to those that need it medically, And have the distributors sell it at a reduced price point. And the recreational cost more, to offset it.
    I do think it has come a long way with the Edibles. So for some old lady in chemo {or what ever sickness} it would be like taking a Oxycontin. Percocet Etc.
    IF PASSED. It is not like some 85 year old, is gonna be busting up a 4 foot tall floor Model Bong! She got at warehouse Records and Tapes. Or is She?
    If so looks Like Perez and I are on the same page here. We could open Perez and Sixers Bong Emporium. And Donate a potion of the proceeds to good causes?

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    If pot is legalized I will buy vending machines and stock them full of King Dongs, Twinkies, and powered donuts and place them by the bus stops. I’m gonna be riiiich!!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What about DWI? DUI what ever ya want to call it? Maybe since you are in the area of work. You could clear up something for me.
    As of now, they have the drinking part down with proven test. I know in some police jurisdictions, they have to call out a specialty trained person to administer the test.
    Or the case could be tossed out in court.
    Same with old radar guns. Good Lawyers can get you out of Murder {see OJ Case}
    I like that here we are having a nice polite debate.
    But like anything it would have good and bad.
    The good The weed alone in small amounts puts a burden on the Police! Arrest, Testing, The Over Crowed Jails. Even Just the Extra Bookings and Release. They could be issuing a ticket and get what the state, parish, and city's want, Your $
    And get onto to, what they really can do, to make things better.
    The Bad I do think it would increase On the Job use, As well as the above mentioned DUI's and what would come with it.

Then there is the Question of Who gets the Go ahead to have it? I for one says if ya let anyone have it just go full on and let everyone.
    Lets face it Doctors would pop up and give papers / cards to anyone that pay them for one. You know all well even with sales just to those that need it medically it would get sold off. Passing the Law would be crazy Time and $ spent. But Taxes on it would help the State. Lets face it they need more $ so they can waste it. With anything the Government does the debate would be for ever! And cost $ debating it.
    Just those that need it medically? Or everyone? Just the terminal? Or those in real pain? Being Ok in the "State" but not the Feds Makes Insurance Company's not have to pay for it. Lets face it Ya give out Opiates So whats the difference?
    This is just me, But take a page from the Democrats. Regulate it like they do electricity! Allow only a certain profit margin on those who need it like the other drugs then already get! Verses those that just want it. Issue a card, to those that need it medically, And have the distributors sell it at a reduced price point. And the recreational cost more, to offset it.
    I do think it has come a long way with the Edibles. So for some old lady in chemo {or what ever sickness} it would be like taking a Oxycontin. Percocet Etc.
    Not like some 85 year old is gonna be busting up a 4 foot tall floor Model Bong, she got at warehouse Records and Tapes

My opinion has always been to regulate it similar to alcohol. There are currently open container laws that people follow, for the most part. Make MJ smoking location dependent as well. The drinking and driving part works because the test can measure the blood alcohol in a non-invasive way. That does not yet exist for weed, although some companies are working on it.

One option would be to decriminalize it rather than legalize it. Decriminalization would allow employers to regulate their employees on a civil level, decreasing the potential use at the workplace. Legalizing it allows more unrestricted use but also allows it to be more regulated and taxes to be collected on the sale. But because the tests only show how much rather than when, it may be a little bit tougher to regulate on the job use.

If it's going to be legal, I say open up to everyone. Don't put doctors in the middle of the issue. If it's legal on the federal level and is prescribed by a doctor, the insurance companies can seel it at a cheaper price in much the same way they do with other over the counter medicines that are prescribed.

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    One option would be to decriminalize it rather than legalize it. Decriminalization would allow employers to regulate their employees on a civil level, decreasing the potential use at the workplace. Legalizing it allows more unrestricted use but also allows it to be more regulated and taxes to be collected on the sale. But because the tests only show how much rather than when, it may be a little bit tougher to regulate on the job use.

I have issues with employers controlling what employees do on their own time in private. Drug tests just show that the drug was taken within a certain time period (days and weeks) and are not specific enough (yet) like alcohol tests are. As long as it is illegal, decriminalized or not, anybody with a career that involved drug testing will be outta luck. Medically or recreationally. Not to mention the purchase of firearms and things of that nature that can be compromised when it is not fully legalized. Decriminalizing is just a tactic for politicians with no backbone.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have issues with employers controlling what employees do on their own time in private. Drug tests just show that the drug was taken within a certain time period (days and weeks) and are not specific enough (yet) like alcohol tests are. As long as it is illegal, decriminalized or not, anybody with a career that involved drug testing will be outta luck. Medically or recreationally. Not to mention the purchase of firearms and things of that nature that can be compromised when it is not fully legalized. Decriminalizing is just a tactic for politicians with no backbone.

Decriminalization would not be the preferred option, in my opinion. But it's viability increases from the perspective of employers being able to regulate on the job use.

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Decriminalization would not be the preferred option, in my opinion. But it's viability increases from the perspective of employers being able to regulate on the job use.

I believe we are on the same page, I just get my panties in a knot when I hear decrim. because its such a political cop-out that does little or nothing.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Maybe someone who is a pro can enlighten me and others?
    As far as I see it from a layman's prospective. Again I am not in that line of work and never have been. So I am just going by what I have seen {and seen on TV}
    To build a proper case that can be prosecuted. When someone is stopped, a specially trained Officer is brought in. May it be for alcohol, or drugs.
    You would have an influx of persons who are impaired, in a way that is not readily tested at this point and time.
    There may be an burden on some jurisdictions. As they may not have in their budget, to train additional, or Start even start to any some. That can do road side Test. If they pass fine if not are brought in and blood drawn.

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    I don't see the influx of impaired people that everybody always talks about. I believe that there will be an influx of use, but not the same influx of dangerous use. The people that are irresponsible and reckless are already using and causing issues. I would argue that the vast majority of people that are not currently using that WOULD use if it was legal are typically a more responsible bunch. I drink, but I do not drink and drive because it risks my ability to provide for my family. AKA responsibilities. If I was legally allowed to use cannabis, I feel I would use it in the same way I do alcohol. I feel the vast majority of people that would use upon legalization would be in the same camp.

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    Do you really think the Sheriffs and lpcal police will give up all of the drugs and MONEY they are able to sieze?

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Come on guys. Don't you understand pot is a gateway drug. It's been proven over and over.
    It will lead you straight to the doors of hell with the munchies and lead to Krispy King, Burger King, Taco Bell, etc.

Forgotten

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 30, 2016
    Lafayette, LA
    Even if legalized marijuana gets approved by the state (still federal crime) no one with a job in transportation, gas/oil plants, law enforcement, ect. will be able to use it. The majority of unemployed people living on the system should have no problems getting there fix. But I'm sure employers will continue to test for it. Especially if you have a company vehicle or have to transport others.

Top Bottom