Legalize it All

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CAJUNLAWYER

crusty old bastard
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Iberia Parish
    I have issues with employers controlling what employees do on their own time in private. Drug tests just show that the drug was taken within a certain time period (days and weeks) and are not specific enough (yet) like alcohol tests are. As long as it is illegal, decriminalized or not, anybody with a career that involved drug testing will be outta luck. Medically or recreationally. Not to mention the purchase of firearms and things of that nature that can be compromised when it is not fully legalized. Decriminalizing is just a tactic for politicians with no backbone.

Problem is not the employers but the insurance companies. If you have an employee who smokes tobacco on his own time, it will affect dramatically your insurance rating for any group help plans.
    Ditto weed. If you are injured at work, first thing they do is test you. You have weed metabolite left over, you're screwed, no coverage, no medicals, no indemnity payments, no nada. IT IS WRITTEN INTO THE STATUTE. I've seen some grieviously unfair decisions over this exact point.
    Point is, you work for me, you obey MY rules and do what you're told or take a hike-period. My business my rules. Drug users (egal or not)are not (yet) approtected class vis a vis disctimination

truecrimson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Up here in Pennsylvania we're dealing with some of this now. Medical marinjuana has been legalized for certain health problems and in certain forms. Just regular smokeable pot is not on the menu.

Our D governor has stated that the state will not come after people who own guns with a medical marijuana card. Our state police are saying that it is still illegal Federally and per the 9th circuit decision a while back having a marijuana card will make you prohibited and consult an attorney.

We don't have registration per se but we have an incomplete "purchase database" for handguns so there is real potential for legal issues. We also have a state level background check via the state pics which incorporates NICS but also various state records. It will be crossed with the medical mj database and background checks will result in denial. It is unclear if prosecutions for lying on state and fed forms will follow.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I have issues with employers controlling what employees do on their own time in private. Drug tests just show that the drug was taken within a certain time period (days and weeks) and are not specific enough (yet) like alcohol tests are. As long as it is illegal, decriminalized or not, anybody with a career that involved drug testing will be outta luck. Medically or recreationally. Not to mention the purchase of firearms and things of that nature that can be compromised when it is not fully legalized. Decriminalizing is just a tactic for politicians with no backbone.

But those employees are not forced to work for those employers. I can't stand when employees cry about the rules! Really why don't they go work someplace else?

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I have no problem with medical marijuana. Make a real doctor write a real prescription for it, and come down hard on any doctor that prescribes it unnecessarily. No turning a blind eye to it. And set up a system that those prescribed are reported to DMV so that the officers know what's legal use and what isn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rynola
    Top Bottom