Legalize it All

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/2018/01/doug-casey/the-war-on-some-drugs/

Snippet

Your primary possession is your own body. If you don’t own it, and don’t have a right to do whatever you want with it, then you in fact have no rights at all. That’s the main reason why the drug war itself is criminal, and morally insane. The economic, medical, practical, and many other reasons to repeal prohibition are important, but strictly secondary.

Few people consider how arbitrary, and historically recent, the current prohibition is; until the Harrison Act was passed in 1914, heroin and cocaine were both perfectly legal and easily obtainable over the counter.

Before that, very few people were addicted to narcotics, even though narcotics were available to anybody at the local corner drugstore. Addicts were just looked down on as suffering from a moral failure, and a lack of self-discipline. But since there was no more profit in heroin than in aspirin, there was no incentive to get people to use it. So there were no cartels or drug gangs.

The so-called “drug problem” is solely due to the fact that recreational drugs are illegal.

Alcohol provides the classic example. Alcohol has been, by far, the most abused substance in the US throughout its history. But the enactment of Prohibition in 1920 not only made abuse worse (for a number of reasons), but created a crime wave, and essentially created the Cosa Nostra. Making a product illegal turns both users and suppliers into criminals, and only makes bluenoses and busybodies happy.

Because illegality makes any product vastly more expensive than it would be in a free market, some users resort to crime to finance their habits. Because of the risks and artificially reduced supply, the profits to the suppliers are necessarily huge—not the simple businessman’s returns to be had from legal products.

Just as Prohibition of the ’20s turned the Mafia from a small underground group of thugs into big business, the War on Drugs has done precisely the same thing for drug dealers. And is, by far, the major cause of corruption in law enforcement. It’s completely insane and totally counterproductive.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Based on my experience in law enforcement, I feel drug use/addiction should be a health issue, not a legal issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    The so-called “drug problem” is solely due to the fact that recreational drugs are illegal.

++++1

I agree with both of the above statements.

In Amsterdam,all drugs are legal..The percent of kids from 1-12th grade that have
    tried drugs,is around 3-5%.So ,yes,its a proven fact many times over.But burocratic
    gooberheads want the funding for law enforcement and other places ,such as rehab,
    jail,etc.The redundancy should be stopped.Its time for americans to take back america.

Crime has gone down 27% since trump became president.Hmmm how come,Oh wait ,
    probably because america is fighting back against the criminals every day,now that they
    know they are not going to jail for tackeling a bad guy running from the police.such as
    the obama era.

If they want to do crack and kill themselves,let them be.
    If they want to od on herion ,good riddens.
    If they want to drink themselves into a coma,not a problem.

I believe if we let these idiot millennials kill themselves off,we ,as a nation ,will be so much
    better off.I cant even imagine a world in which these foolish Ftards are let loose in a gov
    position.I fear that day.

Let them die their own ignorant drug ridden way,God will sort it out:)

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Based on my experience in law enforcement, I feel drug use/addiction should be a health issue, not a legal issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its refreshing to hear that from somebody with experience. Drugs are and will always be a personal health issue. Drugs being illegal hurts more people than the actual physical effects of the drugs.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Its refreshing to hear that from somebody with experience. Drugs are and will always be a personal health issue. Drugs being illegal hurts more people than the actual physical effects of the drugs.

I've never successfully rehabbed someone because I've arrested them.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I know Personally that, a real need for medical marijuana is real for some. That is for those that have a real need for it. Not some stoner who says his big toes hurts
    When I was getting chemo, nothing worked! I sure needed help, to be able to eat at all! As well as once I could keep it down. I was down to 115 pounds and sinking.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Somebody arrest this criminal^^^^^^^^^

I never smoked any.
    Not even a bill Clinton Joint. during that time period.
    I hate the smell of smoke, But some of the Weed Gummy bears, they show on TV would have been great.....I bet

Last edited:

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    I never smoked any.
    Not even a bill Clinton Joint. during that time period.
    I hate the smell of smoke, But some of the Weed Gummy bears, they show on TV would have been great.....I bet

I'm just busting your balls man, I think you and the big toe guy should have the right.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I know man. In my younger days I did. Now can roll Sushi like I took rolling class's, from a Chef
    I know many did get some and they did well on it. The expense for them, and fear that they would get busted buying or having it. Plus the fear that they were buying stuff that may not be safe was unfair. Even with weed ya never know what you are getting. It is not like it is regulated

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    I know man. In my younger days I did. Now can roll Sushi like I took rolling class's, from a Chef
    I know many did get some and they did well on it. The expense for them, and fear that they would get busted buying or having it. Plus the fear that they were buying stuff that may not be safe was unfair. Even with weed ya never know what you are getting. It is not like it is regulated

Another phenomenal argument.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    2 great Con's are:
    1} I really think, that DWI's would go up, if it was like Colorado.
    2} I think, it is unfair to the cop's. That have to play judge and jury if someone has just a little. Add in that they have body camera's now.
    Would it fly to have someone pour out a dime bag?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    2 great Con's are:
    1} I really think, that DWI's would go up, if it was like Colorado.
    2} I think, it is unfair to the cop's. That have to play judge and jury if someone has just a little. Add in that they have body camera's now.
    Would it fly to have someone pour out a dime bag?

I've done that, albeit without a body camera. "Keep that s#!t at home. It's illegal. You're blatantly breaking the law for personal pleasure by smoking that stuff out in public. You're disrespecting everyone else around you. So you can either <stomp on the blunt/empty the baggie in the sewer/etc> or I can take it from you and put it on the books as evidence." They almost always opted to lose a little weed than go to court.

But we could see the court's leaning towards legalization or decriminalization for a while now. I went to court on a guy and the judge found him guilty of his third 1st offense possession. 1st offense was a misdemeanor, 2nd and above was a felony. Most of the judges wouldn't find someone guilty is they started out with felony possession. Most of the felony possessions were pleas from possession with intent to distribute.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I...uh...um...wait one...I need to go look up the statute of limitations.
    I meant during Chemo. Or how I thought that was how I wrote it.
    Never said I never smoked it ever!
    Don't want to be like 3 Dollar Bill, Who said he did not. and then he did! But did not inhale.
    But then again I hope my word is held up better than Bill and Hill's

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Legalize everything. Let the idiots kill themselves off. Legit law enforcement officers have better things to do with their days anyway. like handling violent crimes for example. God knows NOPD and OPSO need all the help they can get in the violent crimes dept.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Legalize everything. Let the idiots kill themselves off. Legit law enforcement officers have better things to do with their days anyway. like handling violent crimes for example. God knows NOPD and OPSO need all the help they can get in the violent crimes dept.

But we must legislate good choices. Think of the children.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA

I agree.

But we must legislate good choices. Think of the children.

Other people’s kids are not my problem.

Top Bottom