Teacher Arrested at school board meeting...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    Last edited:

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    They declined to prosecute and it's a damn good thing . The Marshall told her she was being charged with Public Intimidation which is ******** .

Last edited:

hkump

Rating - 100%
    314   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA
    From what I saw, there was no reason to arrest her. She was just expressing her point-of-view. I agree with her, why should the superintendent get a raise when the teachers don't get a raise. This is BS. Most teachers use their own money for supplies in the classroom. BS all the way. Someone gave the board too much power. It's BS. Get rid of that board.

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    This is the kind of thing that puts doubt in the heads of people that put faith in the system and our public servants. Very disturbing. Is this where we are headed? Maybe we are already there.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    From what I’ve seen, I have little faith in these “town Marshall’s offices” in this same area of the state. They think they’re the police but they’re nothing more than a poorly trained group of morons.

I’d be surprised to see an experienced full time member of a major agency do that.

However, I’m not privy to all the facts and circumstances of this incident so make no mistake I’m not saying anything is right or wrong, I’m just pointing out what I mentioned above.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    This was on WWL news at 12 noon. They said that the community wants the Board held accountable. We will see what come of that

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The good news is that this will kill the political aspirations of any of the school board members that actually supported this "Marshal's" actions. And oh yeah ... this "marshal's" law enforcement career is similarly dead, and I'd be surprised if he gets to do more than write parking tickets from here out. But we *are* talking municipal government—which can be the cradle of government stupidity—so I guess I'd believe anything at this point.

For anyone that's familiar with Norman Rockwell's "Freedom of Speech" painting, it's breathtaking to imagine that this is where we've gotten ourselves in the ensuing 75 years. Regardless of whether or not we agree with this young woman, it's breathtaking to imagine that any elected body would take such offense to her exercising her first amendment right to seek redress of grievances. In this case, they won the battle and most certainly lost the war.

I understand that this incident has made the rounds of newspapers and news outlets around the world. That's the bad news ... lots of people will shake their head and assume that this stupidity is endemic to our fair state.

Mike

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    There was no reason to arrest her.

The marshal in question was accused of excessive force back in 2012.

The arresting officer, Reginald Hilts, was an officer with the Scott Police Department when he and another officer allegedly slammed the man’s head against a concrete slab without provocation, causing the man’s head to bleed profusely, according to a 2012 federal lawsuit filed in Lafayette. The plaintiff, Bruce Falcon, a hepatitis C patient with an enlarged spleen, also suffered fractured ribs and other injuries, according to the complaint.

Hilts was identified in a news release issued by the Vermilion Parish Sheriff's Office as the officer who arrested Hargrave after Hargrave sharply criticized superintendent Jerome Puyau. Hargrave demanded to know how Puyau could accept a raise, from approximately $110,000 to $140,000, when teachers hadn’t received a raise in about a decade.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Very sad!!!! I'm at a loss of words, to be honest I prob would have gotten arrest also after that happened in front of me

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Very sad!!!! I'm at a loss of words, to be honest I prob would have gotten arrest also after that happened in front of me
    I was just about to say, there wasn’t one man in attendance willing to stand up and say, *touch that lady and I will be on you like a psycho”?

Very sad

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I was just about to say, there wasn’t one man in attendance willing to stand up and say, *touch that lady and I will be on you like a psycho*?

Very sad

Not wise to attack or threaten someone in Law Enforcement regardless of their poor decisions. The coming Lawsuit which will be his second one for using excessive force will address his actions and determine which direction his future work takes which may or may not be in Law Enforcement.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Not wise to attack or threaten someone in Law Enforcement regardless of their poor decisions. The coming Lawsuit which will be his second one for using excessive force will address his actions and determine which direction his future work takes which may or may not be in Law Enforcement.

I agree. She wasn’t being beat on, tased or pepper sprayed. No reason to add fuel to the fire and cause the officer to step it up or go off on someone else.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I agree. She wasn’t being beat on, tased or pepper sprayed. No reason to add fuel to the fire and cause the officer to step it up or go off on someone else.

To some that may not look like being "beaten on," but I can assure you that for many people her experience would be a very traumatic one.

She will sue the pants off of the school board and the "city marshals," whatever the hell they are. The only real question will be whether they settle out of court, or whether this goes to full trial. I'd love to see the latter, just to see these pinheads get emasculated on the stand.

Mike

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    For anyone that's familiar with Norman Rockwell's "Freedom of Speech" painting, it's breathtaking to imagine that this is where we've gotten ourselves in the ensuing 75 years. Regardless of whether or not we agree with this young woman, it's breathtaking to imagine that any elected body would take such offense to her exercising her first amendment right to seek redress of grievances. In this case, they won the battle and most certainly lost the war.

I understand that this incident has made the rounds of newspapers and news outlets around the world. That's the bad news ... lots of people will shake their head and assume that this stupidity is endemic to our fair state.

Mike

zt1zita6wzdf4cyeamw.jpg

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    To some that may not look like being "beaten on," but I can assure you that for many people her experience would be a very traumatic one.

She will sue the pants off of the school board and the "city marshals," whatever the hell they are. The only real question will be whether they settle out of court, or whether this goes to full trial. I'd love to see the latter, just to see these pinheads get emasculated on the stand.

Mike

Believe me when I say I hope she never has to work again. I also admire the fact she took a stand! My mom has been a teacher 20-30years “now in another state” and she would never take a stand like that in fear of losing her job “retirement”.

My point is everyone attacking the LEO “physically” and getting charged would not have helped. If he was causing her bodily harm then stepping in would/could be justified.

cajun_64

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Abbeville
    I see everyone blaming the board for her arrest. The board only removed her from the meeting, which also means the building. What happened after those doors closed between her and that deputy city marshall is what caused her arrest. Out LEO community can correct me if I am wrong, but once he decides to make an arrest, there is nothing that board can do as he is acting as an officer of the law. What happened after that door closed is not on any videos, prior to the handcuffs.

Top Bottom