Tricked out carry guns.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tcazes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2015
    Houma
    when it comes to tricked out carry guns i think about one thing......how can the prosecutor use these against me? plus, as an after thought, do i want to spend all this money on something that will end up sitting in an evidence locker? no thanks. a few trigger tweaks is all i see really necessary. and sights....depending on manufacturer.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    i carry a fluffed and buffed keltek p32, carried it for over 10 years now. put at least 7k rounds thru the 5k rd life bbl.
    still shoots strait, and i can hit what im shooting at one hand or 2.

i also dont have to worry about if im going to get the gun back(unlikely) like if i carried a $1k gun.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    when it comes to tricked out carry guns i think about one thing......how can the prosecutor use these against me? plus, as an after thought, do i want to spend all this money on something that will end up sitting in an evidence locker? no thanks. a few trigger tweaks is all i see really necessary. and sights....depending on manufacturer.

A prosecutor using your firearm modifications against you is a fallacy. There is zero case law to back up that misbelief, and there are cases where modifications were inadmissible in court.

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    A prosecutor using your firearm modifications against you is a fallacy. There is zero case law to back up that misbelief, and there are cases where modifications were inadmissible in court.

+1. That cop in AZ who shot Daniel Shaver had "You're F***ed" on the dust cover. Inadmissible. "Too prejudicial".
    Now if you lighten your trigger and have an ND, or a claim a shoot was an ND, that could be problematic.

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    I was going to be on the other side of this until thinking about it harder. I carry a CZ-custom shop modified compact. It shoots better for me than any other handgun I ever owned. I don't think the enhancements hurt the reliability. I think they improved it. But...
    The question of whether they are a good idea in general, boils down to "should I spend money for enhancement X... or should I spend that money on training?".

Lets say I spend $200 on porting or on a comp, and now I can put three rounds on target in 0.25 seconds less time. Ok, that's cool, bro. But without training, I do it by squaring up to a gunman in weaver stance instead of moving to cover, or shooting and moving. Is that 0.25s really going to make the difference between winning and losing a violent encounter? Clearly the value proposition points toward training as being the better buy. Spending the same money on training yields much bigger performance gains. I believe this is the case for most people, most of the time.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I was going to be on the other side of this until thinking about it harder. I carry a CZ-custom shop modified compact. It shoots better for me than any other handgun I ever owned. I don't think the enhancements hurt the reliability. I think they improved it. But...
    The question of whether they are a good idea in general, boils down to "should I spend money for enhancement X... or should I spend that money on training?".

This.

I don't really have any objections to most modifications (outside of really stupid stuff like hair triggers and removing trigger guards), but I'm also not convinced that most of these mods will make any difference in a real-life self-defense situation. In almost every imaginable situation, I'd bet money that what's going to save a person's life is the muscle memory that's developed through regular training and practice.

Mike

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I like to keep it simple. Small. But a fuller size person, could get away with more. 3" 1911, 3rd Gen Smiths, 380 PPK/s

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    All of my pistols are tricked out with the same sights, and lights (except my 26 and 43 because you cannot mount a tlr-1 on those two).

There’s something to be said for being consistent.

After a shooting the furthest thing from my mind would be whether or not I’m getting my gun back.

BO_V

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    I carry my glock 34 all day long
    All i have on it is a glock steel front night sight and a glock factory steel rear sight also I put on a magpul magwell on it
    Just to plug up the hole
    My glock 26 is all factory
    The only modification is that they have a new York 1 trigger spring in them both

My 1911 is tricked with red dot and compensator and also VZ operator grips
    Chambered in 45ACP single stack

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I will pray that you never need to engage a threat beyond 7 yards.

I know people that qualify on the LA. P O S T Course and do quite well with G42 pistols. As you know the first line of fire is 6 rounds dominant side barricade then 6 rounds non dominant side barricade from the 25 Yard Line.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    To answer every question, I've got prolly around 7-800 rnds through my sigma. the first 1-200 rounds were kind of rough and problematic, but after working kinks out, doing the trigger job everyone sees write ups on, break in, etc... its been flawless.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I know people that qualify on the LA. P O S T Course and do quite well with G42 pistols. As you know the first line of fire is 6 rounds dominant side barricade then 6 rounds non dominant side barricade from the 25 Yard Line.

Yes, because qualifying for POST equates to a shootout. Please, James, tell me more.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Yeah , I ignored that dumb **** .

buckedup

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Tylertown Ms.
    I will pray that you never need to engage a threat beyond 7 yards.

Me too. I hope I never need to use it my choice of firearm is based on simplicity. Is 5 shots enough?? I hope so practice has made me proficient to about 15 yards. I’m fat and pocket carry. Jeans khakis shorts all accommodate it. Money wasn’t a question when making the purchase rather having a weapon I would comfortably carry every day was the driving force. I would rather 5 shots than none from a weapon I didn’t carry that day for one reason or the other.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    G19 with Ameriglo night sights in a Silk Custom Kydex, is my daily carry, and a G17 MOS with TLR-1, Vortex Venom, Suppressor sights, is my backup gun I keep in the truck with G17 backup mags and a 33 rounder. I mostly carry the Gen5 19 but occasionally carry the Gen4 same setup. I also carry my M&P9C mod 2 with ameriglo's in a Silk Custom Kydex/

Top Bottom