Tammany Trace Carry: political action version

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STPHomie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2015
    Madisonville

STPHomie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2015
    Madisonville
    Thanks STPHomie for your vigilance. I guess this thread is finished in a good way.

The ordinance ending the ban was adopted in the beginning of March. We're in May, and the Trace signage near Koop Dr says the illegal ban on firearms remains.

These signs could be fixed with a permanent marker/Sharpie!

These pics were taken today, May 27.

180527Sign.jpg

180527Crop.jpg

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Tight budget. The upstanding citizens of St. Tammany refused to renew some taxes. Now we must pay for our lack of confidence that our tax dollars were spent with only our best interest in mind.
    Now some dopes will read the signage and not carry. Not everyone if fortunate enough to have a resource like we do to keep us informed. Thank you Homey!

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Tight budget. The upstanding citizens of St. Tammany refused to renew some taxes. Now we must pay for our lack of confidence that our tax dollars were spent with only our best interest in mind.
    Now some dopes will read the signage and not carry. Not everyone if fortunate enough to have a resource like we do to keep us informed. Thank you Homey!
    I understand all that but leadslinger made it sound like there was some sort of conspiracy to not change the signs.

Sent from the Bayou Bunker Command Center, Portable Unit #33, FEMA Region 6.

STPHomie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2015
    Madisonville

I think those taxes were dedicated to the Jail and Justice Center. Nothing to do with the Trace.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I understand all that but leadslinger made it sound like there was some sort of conspiracy to not change the signs.

Conspiracy? No.

My comment was towards the lack of maintenance from St Tammany. They will not pay for new signs when the majority of the people in office voted for the ban.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Conspiracy? No.

My comment was towards the lack of maintenance from St Tammany. They will not pay for new signs when the majority of the people in office voted for the ban.
    it was unanimous to remove the prohibition along the trace. None of the current council members were on the council when the rules of the trace were created. Not following you on this.

Last edited:

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    it was unanimous to remove the prohibition along the trace. None of the current council members were on the council when the rules of the trace were created. Not following you on this.

I’m aware. I’m talking about when the signs were installed. Do you really think they will spend the money for new signs, because one line of text changed?

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I’m aware. I’m talking about when the signs were installed. Do you really think they will spend the money for new signs, because one line of text changed?
    Actually, new signs have been in the works for a couple of months now since some are totally faded and unreadable. That one line isn't the only thing being changed on the signs.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom