Tammany Trace Carry: political action version

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Actually, new signs have been in the works for a couple of months now since some are totally faded and unreadable. That one line isn't the only thing being changed on the signs.

Sent from the Bayou Bunker Command Center, Portable Unit #33, FEMA Region 6.

Right.

So complaining about an old sign, that does not reflect the current law, is silly.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Relevant topics, such as firearms training. That doesn't seem to catch much traction around this place... :rolleyes:

So talking about the signs on the Tammany Trace that instruct people on the legality of carrying firearms on the Tammany Trace are not relevant to the Tammany Trace Carry thread. Got it.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    So talking about the signs on the Tammany Trace that instruct people on the legality of carrying firearms on the Tammany Trace are not relevant to the Tammany Trace Carry thread. Got it.

Arguing about whether St. Tammany will replace them or not isn't relevant. Pay attention, paw paw.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

STPHomie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2015
    Madisonville
    Actually, new signs have been in the works for a couple of months now since some are totally faded and unreadable. That one line isn't the only thing being changed on the signs.

Good to know. You seem to have inside info, thank you for sharing. Any idea when the new signage might be posted?

STPHomie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2015
    Madisonville

I looked today and still see the old signs. Maybe they need a better sign vendor.

stogie5150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2016
    Slidell,LA
    I wasn't aware that (Legal) carry was now ok on the Trace, Thanks to the OP and all concerned for making this thread... makes me feel better as I rocket along...LOL

BTW as of today every sign I looked at still was not changed. Not that I am concerned about it, but I will get the word out to anyone concerned..As an aside I asked some LEO their opinions on it, and they were all in agreement, carry, worry about the legality later, should an incident occur, a citation for carrying will be the least of a prosecutors worries should the worst happen. As always YMMV....Me, I still ascribe to the old saw, rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6. :cool:

Last edited:

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    New signs are still in the works. Major update would be to the map showing the new extension to Camp Salmen in Slidell. I would expect that the wordage about "no firearms" will not be included on these new signs. But then again, we have to consider who is in charge of ordering the new signs.

stogie5150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2016
    Slidell,LA
    New signs are still in the works. Major update would be to the map showing the new extension to Camp Salmen in Slidell. I would expect that the wordage about "no firearms" will not be included on these new signs. But then again, we have to consider who is in charge of ordering the new signs.

The new extension isnt ready yet. I tried to ride it last Monday, they are working on the path INSIDE the park, you can ride up to the gate on the road that comes from Tractor Supply. I'm not too sure I want to ride to heritage park through Huntwyk and up Garden Drive, of all places, then up West hall..I think I'll just ride west... :rofl:

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Technically, no, the section inside Camp Salmen isn't open yet. You should be able to get through the gate on Williams Rd. when the park is open on weekends. I did see people walking the section inside the park last Saturday. I would try to ride a bike on it though, looked like too much debris around.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom