Is your Mailman, UPS,Fed Ex guy normal?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    My USPS guy is top notch. He will drop the packages of asap. "Rings the Bell" and waits
    Only problem I ever have is when he is off. The temp's they hire are no real USPS workers.
    Last time he was off they left my package of 500 count 30-06 brass at the wrong hundred block.
    I saw that it said delivered. So went down there and asked if they had a package. There was a language barrier, but his wife understood, enough to know I wanted the package! They opened it. And saw what it was, and wanted it gone! And kept swearing something like not hers. I still to this day do nit know if she thought I was the one who was supposed to get it or someone who was from the government. They were scared of that box. And also scared as hell of the Med Flat rate box of lead bars that was 67 pounds. They never opened that one.
    They we have UPS guys is real nice. That is when i have seen him. Most of the time drops boxes on the door step hard. So hard ya can hear it threw-out the house.
    No matter what it is could be Rotors and bake pads he drops them from waist height and runs away. The truck is gine before ya can get to the door
    Fed Ex Same way as UPS they should be in the Olympics
    I am waiting on both UPS and Fed Ex as I have to try and hear the truck pull up and beat them to the door

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    USPS is long term and great.
    UPS changes drivers quite often here.
    Fed Ex is slightly better than UPS here.
    USPS blows the horn and waits for you.
    UPS and Fed Ex hit the door bell as they are running back to their vehicle.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    my UPS guy recently retired, I miss him.. He knew me, knew my schedule and would time things..
    USPS regular is awesome. every weds and Sat I have a temporary, they were recently part of the discovery of throwing my mail in a dumpster over the last 2 years or more.. I complained and complained.. turns out, the one I was complaining to, (counter worker) was the one throwing my **** away. lol

Fedex, does whatever.. dont use them enough to make a pattern.

another note..
    USPS, cant freaking read.. I have a a door slot. I cover it up, tape it up, use a giant freaking piece of plastic in an arrow shape pointing to my mailbox.. they still tried to use the slot..

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    My mail lady is totally hot, so any comment I would make about her job performance would be completely biased and purely based on said hotness..

The UPS guy is on the ball, always looking out for me and nothing but nice. I don’t know how those guys do it.

.....the crack spider....wait, wrong video. Scratch that.

The little ratbastard fedex ninja (or pleural?) in my area has never been observed leaving a package, to my knowledge. In fact, more times than not, he only leaves a sticker on my door which prompts me to have any “ASR” package diverted to the local Walgreens.

Last edited:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    My mail lady is totally hot, so any comment I would make about her job performance would be completely biased and purely based on said hotness..

How can we believe this without pics

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    My USPS lady and UPS man are great and I go out my way to give them a bottle of cold water when they bring packages.

FedEx changes drivers on my route a lot. The boxes are busted up 90% of the time and they ALWAYS run off!

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    USPS and UPS are great where I live. No problems and nice folkes.

Unfortunately, Fed Excuse is another story. In the 25 years we've lived here, I can count on one hand the number of packages that have been delivered on time without drama. I usually have to have packages redirected to a Fed Excuse store in town. SOmetimes packages sit in the local hub for a week before a delivery attempt is made. Favored delivery excuses, wrong street address (the address on the package matches the one on my mailbox), gate locked (ain't no gate), dog in yard (ain't no dog). Several times the drivers have admitted to deliberately delivering the package to the wrong address. And having a firearm shipment disappear for three weeks (scanned "out for delivery" at 6:00 AM, scanned "delivered" at 6:01 AM, and no required signature ). They are a joke, I tell companies not to use Fed Excuse, but some do anyway.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Both my UPS and USPS guys are fantastic and have gone above and beyond for me, but the USPS as a whole sucks. It's amazing that UPS can get a package from Midway, going to Kenner, from Columbia MO to Metairie in 2.5 days then the post office somehow manages to send it to Georgia. It made it back to Metairie on Wednesday where it still sits, 3 days later. They just can't seem to get it the additional 4 miles to my office.

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    My usps man is 76,He is the nicest person you ever meet.Always on time,
    always brings packages to door,ask how day is going:)

My ups man is awsum as well.He is always on time and delivers the packages
    with delicacy.But as others stated,when they have a new or temp driver,
    never on time,packages at different doors,etc..

The fed ex people are crack heads,most of them Ive witnessed.I had an
    electric fireplace delivered about 2 months ago.The girl jumped out of the
    fedex truck like she was robbing a bank.She then proceeded to kick my
    $589 fireplace out the back.When i heard the commotion,I looked out the
    window.She was rolling a big box end over end ,letting it just slam each
    time to the ground.I thought she was getting some one else's package
    out of the way for mine.I thought to myself,that poor guy that's getting
    that package will sure be in for a surprise.Well sad to say,that guy was me.

She rolled it end over end for about 200ft down my driveway to my front
    door.I just opened the door ,shook my head and asked,wth are you doing?
    She said" I forgot my dolly today and looked up with her glazed over crack
    head eyes.I have seen many people on crack in the cells before.She then
    said,it should be ok..I just shook my head and said OMG.

Well when I opened the package I found my fireplace which had been fully
    put together at the factory ,was in about 20 pieces,glass everywhere.I
    called the fedex office and explained what happened.The sup stated that
    she was new and bla bla.He also said she wont be back to your residence.
    I said thank you and please give your employees random drug screens.

Needless to say,I rarely get anything from fedex.There were other incidences
    with fedex,but I be here all day explaining those.

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    I'm pretty normal considering I work for one of the companies that you inquired about. I typically work in higher security areas and office buildings though not many residences outside of Xmas unless I am helping someone out. The only 1 of the 3 carriers I have issues with is run by the Federal Government....go figure. Their service is laughable in the New Orleans area. I was out taking a few stops off of a driver a week ago, and while we were dividing up his work a guy drives up the street to the house we are parked in front to give the resident a pkg that was delivered by the USPS to his house in error. I told him thanks, because not many people will do that. Most people will keep it.

In my own experience I have had several pkgs misdelivered or attempted to be delivered to the wrong house by USPS lately its getting worse. My wife eventually went to the Post Office to get the situation squared away and they told her "oh well there is noting we can do about it call Amazon and see if they will replace it". My employer has fired guys for less; we would have to go back and try and collect the pkg that day, the following day so on and so forth, and if its expensive enough you can come back to work after arrangements are made to pay for the item.

Anyway, the wife eventually called Amazon and requested that any carrier outside of the post office be selected for future deliveries to our house, lmao. What did Amazon do on the next order? Sent it through the Post Office, and where did it go? To some inaccessible house, or apartment......that wasn't mine. That said my regular postman was pretty good about getting my stuff to my house, but for the last 4 months especially the USPS has been striking out. I cut them a little slack during Xmas because I know its rough for everyone, but mid January come on. Needless to say outside of a letter I wont send anything through the Post Office.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    We used to have a top-notch USPS guy, but he retired. If it were not for the bumbling inaccuracy of his replacements, I would not have gotten to know so many of my neighbors.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    my usps is a string of temps, as the route holder is on long term disability(2 years and counting) and union rules require the route to be held.
    one of the temps was fired for dumping mail, just before i moved in. mail can come any time from 1pm to 8pm, and if im lucky they put packages in the carport, if not theyll often leave them at the road leaned against the box.
    fedex/ups both rarely come thru, and you dont see them when they do. no knock or bell.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I have packages delivered to my office, so I don't have to worry about kids in the neighborhood.
    That being said, I usually try to avoid fedex delivery. I've had problems (though not as much lately) with them finding my office. I've had to drive to the airport to get my packages before after 2 or 3 attempts to deliver (and my office is NOT hard to find). Annoying...

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    I live down a long gravel drive with several other houses, so I had issues with deliveries when I first built there. All packages were delivered to the front house and he would just bring me my package that afternoon, regardless which carrier was delivering. That is, until he moved and started renting out the house to Hondurans. After that I started having all my packages delivered to my parent's house down the road. Even if my wife or I put our address as the destination, they will still drop it off at my parents, so I have to say they are all fairly decent in my book.

At our office, our UPS guy is great. We don't have a receptionist so he rings the bell and waits for one of us to walk up front to get it. The FedEx guy/girl, depending on the day, drops the package on the table, rings the bell, yells "Thanks guys!" while sprinting out the door. We all get a kick out of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom