A better cup of coffee?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    I have been drinking Black Rifle coffee for a while and love it. So much so that I’m on their monthly shipment list. I was a little disappointed in the CAF (caffeinated as ****). I did not find it to have that much of a kick. Wife and I have decided on the AK espresso as our favorite. I get both the whole bean and the ground bag. Your better off getting the ground if you want more bang for the buck. The whole beans are good for the weekend when you want to sit and enjoy a fresh ground cup in the AM. Oh, and I use a French Press so it’s even better.

Last edited:

rdm227

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2012
    Prairieville
    I have a bag of their CAF blend sitting on my desk in front of me currently. Their Silencer Smooth is pretty good as well. I'd definitely recommend it.

@Anyone not drinking black coffee - once you go black, you won't go back.

Cool. I’ll have to try them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rdm227

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2012
    Prairieville
    I have been drinking Black Rifle coffee for a while and love it. So much so that I’m on their monthly shipment list. I was a little disappointed in the CAF (caffeinated as ****). I did not find it to have that much of a kick. Wife and I have decided on the AK espresso as our favorite. I get both the whole bean and the ground bag. Your better off getting the ground if you want more bang for the buck. The whole beans are good for the weekend when you want to sit and enjoy a fresh ground cup in the AM. Oh, and I use a French Press so it’s even better.

Never used a French press. From all the comments, I guess I need to get one.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    How do y'all heat your water that is used in the French press? I know some people are quite particular about it.

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    I use a stainless carafe and bring to a boil on the stove. Let it set for a couple mins until it’s back down to 201-202 deg, then pour it over the grounds.

There are some fancier ways to do it like the goose neck electric pots.

para40br

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Watson, LA
    All I have ever used for my coffee is the regular coffee pot and a Keurig with my Community Coffee. Something that I didn't see mentioned in the post is the water used. How much does the water effect the taste of the brewed coffee? Does the coffee connoisseur prefer filtered water, bottled water, tap water or something else?
    I guess I should look into the French Press method, it seems kind of popular with most of the coffee drinkers here.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    How do y'all heat your water that is used in the French press? I know some people are quite particular about it.

i used filtered water from the fridge, heat to boil in the microwave, let it rest till 200f. then i add a splash, stir it to moisten the grounds then slowly add the rest.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    french market coffee in a stainless electric percolator works great for me. makes a damn good cup of coffee.
    Like I said I am Married to a barista {Also a Barista Trainer} so she knows her stuff. But I do not Drink Fru_Fru drinks. Fresh ground dark beans in a Mr Coffee

Last edited:

Dan6726

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Boyce,La.
    I just use the filtered out of the fridge and since I still have the keurig it gets used to heat water now. Not sure if any of the bs guys have tried the Valhalla java from deathwish but it is also good.

jsg34

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    Have any of you tried pour over? I still brew pots in my Bonavita when I'm in a rush, but nothing beats pour over in my Chemex. I'd highly recommend it. And quality, fresh ground beans, of course.

2Arms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 6, 2017
    BR
    I just bought the dash cold brew system it's on clearance at target. I can make 1.5 liters in 5-15 mins. Strength varies with time.

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    Have any of you tried pour over? I still brew pots in my Bonavita when I'm in a rush, but nothing beats pour over in my Chemex. I'd highly recommend it. And quality, fresh ground beans, of course.

I’ve not tried the pour over but it seems simpler than some of the other methods.

Good fresh ground whole beans will make a drip pot of coffee taste good! I do it that way when I don’t have the time for the French press.

MCASSgt NR

GySgt of Marines
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Gulf of MX
    I've seen French Press's in several variations; stainless, stainless with glass, different shapes, etc. Would those that have a French or Aero Press post some pictures or better yet links to what you have? I love my coffee and this seems like a step up from my drip maker...or so reading all 56 comments leads me to believe.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Anyone try pour-over?

Yes. Simple and easy. Although some of the persons at my wife's old work could not do it. And they were so-called baristas at Starbucks.

Top Bottom