New loophole notaSBR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Recoil published that they had spoken with multiple sources at the ATF, and confirmed that no approval has been given.

soooooo it's a SBR

I read that as well. And the rifle in the teaser looks to be the same as the rifle in on their SBR page. But the rifle in the teaser has a poor photoshop job and has had some if its rail erased. None of that may mean anything. They may be waiting until Shot Show to show the real product. And FA may feel the "secret" may have been approved previously by the ATF. We will find out soon.
    https://www.franklinarmory.com/coll.../bfsiii-franklin-armory-11-5-libertas-sbr-nfa

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    That is the key component. The barrel is neither rifled nor smooth so the only option left is straight lands and grooves. Yes, Franklin Armory is bringing back black powder technology. This means the projectile does not spin.

How accurate is it? You can easily hit what you are aiming at out to 50 yards. Then out to 100 yards you are getting 4-5″ groups. Could an AR pistol or SBR beat that? Of course. But this was made for two distinct reasons.

-CQB distances
    -Loophole against NFA
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/01/23/shot-2018-secret-franklin-armorys-reformation/

I guess it accomplishes the goals for which it was made. But I certainly don't feel it was worth the almost 2 week teaser. Oh...and to get the accuracy back at 100 yards? You have to use the baby nerf footballs.

article_2000_20180123063539995.jpg

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Perhaps it has straight "rifling" and then a small motor to spin the barrel, thus getting the projectile to spin... Or a spring loaded barrel that winds up as you pull the trigger. Or some other sort of mechanical means. I can think of 10 different ways to do that...

million dollar idea, you heard it 1st here.

I am quoting myself here... All it needs a method to turn the barrel and the accuracy comes back.

Top Bottom