Palmetto State Armory MP5 clone?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dontshootmebrah

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    metairie, LA
    getting a bit salty...psa has never been a let down for me. their customer service isnt the best but their product is solid for a great price. What is the real difference between a 1800 dollar ar and a 650 dollar one other than the name stenciled on the side...

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Coming from the only guy still crying about bcm being the greatest and his all mighty wisdom, no one cares about your POV or your responses. We are just trying to make you shed enough tears to short out your electronic device so we can just be notified of responses that pertain to the topic at hand.

I was asked a question, and I provided an answer.

If you don't like it, so be it. I couldn't care less.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    getting a bit salty...psa has never been a let down for me. their customer service isnt the best but their product is solid for a great price. What is the real difference between a 1800 dollar ar and a 650 dollar one other than the name stenciled on the side...

Materials
    Fit & Finish
    QA/QC

Tolerance stacking is common on lesser quality rifles. While PSA has a few good parts that are rebranded, many of their parts suffer due to their QA/QC.

Companies like BCM and DD are using Schmid Tool lower parts, while PSA has parts made overseas.

dontshootmebrah

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    metairie, LA
    i mean if my psa m16a4 functions and is accurate who cares...i dont need to spend alot on a name, i mean hey if it works for you then more power to ya. eitherway back to the original topic. id love a psa mp5! cant wait!

Last edited:

pangris1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    BR metro area
    I, along with many others, have had issues with PSA parts and their horrible customer service.

You may like them, because you have never handled quality before.

It's even worse that some of their parts come from overseas.

I've got stuff from PSA, Noveske, Advanced Armament, White Oak, and Craddock Precision.

PSA is reliably acceptably milspec.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I see what you did there.
    ya beat me to it.. MIL SPEC..
    PSA used to use noveske barrels as the plant was right now the road.. at some point in history that changed.. I have had metal guys bitch at my PSA barrels , somehow knowing they were PSA by how cheap the metal was now.. I didnt even reveal it..
    HK, is delayed roller lock.. FWIW

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    PSA used FN barrels. Not sure if they still do, but they did. Never heard anything in regards to Noveske barrels being in their lineup.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    PSA used FN barrels. Not sure if they still do, but they did. Never heard anything in regards to Noveske barrels being in their lineup.

PSA once used FN barrels for a short time on their premium uppers.

That doesn't account for the dozens of other no-name uppers they cobble together.

Top Bottom