How much do you get off the Net?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Back when I was young, and ya mail ordered stuff it was 4-6 weeks
    Now with the Net, and fast shipping. I might as well grab stuff myself. as the local venders had to order it anyway fir much more $
    I hate to help kill off brick am mortar stores, But when I last went to Auto Zone, Advance they did not even come out the back or stop stocking selves to help me for quite awhile
    Advance on Loyola should be called Avoidance
    I just had a box from Rock Auto dropped at my door step.
    2 days and here
    2 real nice Wagner Rotors Premium (OE Quality Plus) Black E-Coat on non-braking surface to prevent rust and corrosion.
    One box of Raybestos Element3 Brake Pads { Enhanced Hybrid Technology}
    2 Engine Air Filters
    4 Cabin air filters and used a discount code for shipping
    All Top of the line stuff at my door for $119.99

Then UPS came as soon as he pulled away, he was waiting on the Fed-ex guy to pull off
    And he dropped the new speakers from Crutchfield. They sent them free shipping, some harness free,so ya do not have to hack stuff up, And some adapters so they clip / screw right on. and a digital instructions for the whole car system.
    Saved 60 bucks plus the extras to make life easy.
    It is just the wife regular car but she / it needs parts too.

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    I think you have to adjust to your surroundings and the way of the world.

I would much rather order,,stay at home,,watch the ups man leave,get my
    shizzel..I have no problem with brick n morter.I have a problem with the
    owners of them thinking they need to mark up an item to double the price
    to get their monies back.I can and will not support thieves.I have rarely
    went into any gun shop anywhere in the usa that the prices reflected a
    7-15% markup.They all were well above the 20% mark.Mostly 30% and up.
    To me,that spells not caring weather your biz survives or not.

Ive had many biz's and would rather sell 1 hamburger at $1 than $2 and have
    a repeat biz of 70% instead of the $2 , 2% repeat biz.It actually works,wally
    has proved it as well as wendys,,etc..

You would think 4 for 4 at wendys would break them,it does the opposite.If
    your at wendys,,you may get the 4 for 4,,but then your son wants something
    else,,or a sundae or whatever.The simplistic plans work the best in my opinion
    as a biz owner.Its not how much money is in your bank account,its how much
    money your generating through your biz.I may make 3million that year and
    actually take home 50k.The banks will loan me millions because that's what I
    show as making,not taking!!!A credit line is far worth more than any real monies
    nowadays,in my opinion:)

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The fewer brick and mortar stores I go to, the better.

I have no problem with their existence, and I understand that the overhead of a brick and mortar store means that prices might sometimes be higher. But for me, it's a time versus money thing. The last thing I want to do after work is to go to a busy store—which means I'll need to navigate traffic, find parking, go in, get what I want, wait to check out, navigate traffic on the drive home, etc., etc. I also find the din of noise in many stores (especially shopping malls) headache-inducing. Even if I have to pay a few dollars for shipping, the time and headache that the shipping saves me is almost always worthwhile.

And yes, I know online shopping makes it harder for the brick and mortar stores to stay in business, but it does give a boost to the USPS and the various courier services. One man's loss is another man's profit.

That said, there are two types of stores that I still enjoy going to: local gun shops and local (non-chain) food markets. I enjoy the social aspect of meeting and chatting with other like-minded people in the gun stores, and I always make sure I patronize them with business. And I go to local food markets because I prefer to buy fresh ingredients instead of stuff that's been trucked all over creation—and, if possible, food products from smaller sustainable farming operations over large agribusinesses.

Mike

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I imagine over half the things I buy are off the interwebzes. Mom and pop local brick and mortar is fine by me but saving dollars and getting exactly what I want beats them all.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    For me, it really depends. A lot of times I'm willing to pay a couple of dollars more to have it today so I'll look local. But one of the problem with local is they just don't have the space or money to stock the selection that's available online. This is really true for specialty item like gun parts. At that point, it comes down to getting what I really want later or getting what's there now.

jcm055

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Ruston LA
    I didn't realize you could order firearms and ship them to FFL until the last year or so (only been into shooting about 2 years). The two pistols and my 10/22 I bought in store before I realized that, but since then all my AR stuff and most of my ammo has been coming online.

That said, if I'm in a brick & mortar and what I want is a few bucks from what I can get online I will buy in store. I'm in retail so I understand the struggle if competing with online vendors, and I want to support people who are there to answer my questions and help me out.

Top Bottom