fixing truck after hit n run tomorrow

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    well, since that hit n run I posted about, I've finally got all my new parts in. I thought I'd do something different so instead of having everything painted to match rest of truck, figured I would do something different. I'm pretty sure, after tomorrow, anyone that sees this post will definately notice me going down the road. hahahahaha.

Attachments

• wrap progress.jpg
      wrap progress.jpg
      58.7 KB · Views: 106

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    well, since that hit n run I posted about, I've finally got all my new parts in. I thought I'd do something different so instead of having everything painted to match rest of truck, figured I would do something different. I'm pretty sure, after tomorrow, anyone that sees this post will definately notice me going down the road. hahahahaha.

Are you doing the rest of the truck as well or just those pieces?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Undecided. Later on today once I put the new parts on my front end, if I like the way it turns out, I may print more vinyl and do a complete wrap. It doesn't cost me anything so....c

What are you you using to print the vinyl?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I honestly don't know. I work for Pro Signs and Graphics in Kenner as a fabricator/technician. I just tell the girls in the office how much I need and they print it for me.

Ah...I have a vinyl cutter I use for decals and stencils but I'm limited to colors/patterns that are commercially available. I'd do some damage if I had a way to print custom vinyl.

As you said, you've created a distinctive vehicle. You will certainly become more recognizable if you did the entire car.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I think the whole truck will looks sweet.
    I never has stuff done there. had some stuff done at the Place in Kenner Gold something, Was way cheaper than a sign painter. And the place on Hickory did some for me also great guys.
    Vinyl has come a long way.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    That gold place, is right around the corner from us. We are on Carroll St. by the airport. we mainly only focus on commercial stuff. Usually the only vinyl we do, is the windows of a bussiness or doors ( think business hrs sign on glass door ) while we are doing the bigger stuff on the building too. we are slow right now, so we've been doing more automotive stuff lately. We are re-doing the all the trucks for WWL next week.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    That gold place, is right around the corner from us. We are on Carroll St. by the airport. we mainly only focus on commercial stuff. Usually the only vinyl we do, is the windows of a bussiness or doors ( think business hrs sign on glass door ) while we are doing the bigger stuff on the building too. we are slow right now, so we've been doing more automotive stuff lately. We are re-doing the all the trucks for WWL next week.

Do y'all do the stuff for car windows with small holes in it to be able to still see out of the window? Like what you see on public buses?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Is it a mild adhesive? Can you pull it off if you change your mind down the line?

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    All I know there are different grades of materials.
    When I had my factory stripes, and hood black out. I ordered from a place that had the files.
    But the factory never did the cowl. They painted it. The place that put them on, made that part to match. But had a few grades and a few shades of black as it was like a dye lot. It was so small we had lots to look at for a good match.
    I have done stripes but did not want to do the over the roof ones. They said they would make one if the messed it up as they had the one to go off.
    The plus was it was super cheap fir them to do them as they were just 2 doors down from where my car was at. So did it in off time

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom