Cool Stuffz - Updated 10/09/18

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    So are you saying that it's not gambling now?

"Mining" Bitcoin is actually pretty cool and is something that a lot of people are making a ton of money off of. It's also something that some Russians are in trouble over after using a fancy supercomputer without permission, lol.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Nope, its still gambling, or worse. Here read this from Marketwatch: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/feds-dudley-says-theres-a-speculative-mania-in-the-cryptocurrency-market-2018-02-22

"Earlier this month, the head of the Bank for International Settlements (BIS), Agustin Carstens called bitcoin a *Ponzi scheme* and said cryptocurrencies could become *parasites* on the global financial system."

Just confirms what I believed from prior research. I wouldn't put $100 in bitcoin. To each his own tho.

Last edited:

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Nope, its still gambling, or worse. Here read this from Marketwatch: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/feds-dudley-says-theres-a-speculative-mania-in-the-cryptocurrency-market-2018-02-22

"Earlier this month, the head of the Bank for International Settlements (BIS), Agustin Carstens called bitcoin a *Ponzi scheme* and said cryptocurrencies could become *parasites* on the global financial system."

Just confirms what I believed from prior research. I wouldn't put $100 in bitcoin. To each his own tho.

Lol, it's not a ponzi-scheme. It's just an eCommodity.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Update 2/23/17
    If any of you purchase gas at SHELL gas stations, you can make an account for free - no strings attached - with the Shell reward thing and get $0.05 of of every gallon of gas that you purchase if you use this link. I was referred by a buddy, and it works. I usually bounce back and forth between Chevron and Shell as they are near each other and have decent deals. Let me know if you use it.

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    Me either, but the last I looked, Amazon had reviews showing quality problems

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Just found out that that I have $1500 in rewards points from my Chase Sapphire Reserve...and I opened it in January. Hot Damn! On top of that, I have gotten a $300 travel credit, and $300 worth of value from the include Priorty Pass membership.

Now the question is...I am going to China in a few weeks. Do I use the points to upgrade to first class round trip, or do I just use them for a trip later this year to some Carribean island?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Updated as of today. I now have made around $3000 in rewards between various credit cards. The Priority Pass that comes with the Chase Sapphire Reserve (linked above) got three friends and me into multiple lounges in the Hong Kong and Beijing airport for free. They had multiple beer fridges with dozens of types of beers as well as probably 10 top shelf bourbons. Talk about an awesome experience! Also, we had a chef cook us up some traditional Chinese food in Beijing and then dumplings in Hong Kong!

Added a link to "Service" today which gets you money back if your flight or hotels get delayed/cancelled. Anyone have any cool ways to make extra cash or rewards that they'd like to share?

Oh, and my move to Texas went well! Still waiting on WiFi to get hooked up, but my mobile hotspot is working well haha!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Congratulations on a great trip and made a great move.

Thanks! Dallas has been pretty great so far. If anyone knows any cool spots, definitely let me know.

lane

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2017
    zachary, la.
    Do I use the points to upgrade to first class round trip, or do I just use them for a trip later this year to some Carribean island?

Go to St. John USVI. It's easy to get to and you don't have to hassle with U.S. Customs other than claiming stuff you bought (duty-free taxes).

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Do I use the points to upgrade to first class round trip, or do I just use them for a trip later this year to some Carribean island?

Go to St. John USVI. It's easy to get to and you don't have to hassle with U.S. Customs other than claiming stuff you bought (duty-free taxes).

Good plan. People still claim things they buy? LOL! Last time I was entering the US they were like did you buy anything in while abroad and I was like year a few souvenirs and what not. He was like, okay, welcome back to the US.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Good plan. People still claim things they buy? LOL! Last time I was entering the US they were like did you buy anything in while abroad and I was like year a few souvenirs and what not. He was like, okay, welcome back to the US.

Most of what I did not give away was lost in the 2016 flood but I still have a few items I bought in Africa and South America in the early 1960's.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    New favorite business email subscription:

Morning Brew

I get stickers and possibly a coffee cup for reaching certain subscription referrals, lol.

Anyone have any relevant updates to cool products, services, or tech things that other members may like?

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    Looks like we are similarly tech aligned. I get Morning Brew also and also The Hustle. They are similar and I haven't determined which I like best yet.

Top Bottom