Schriever, LA - Terrebonne Parish

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mudbug00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2017
    Schriever, LA
    Hello!
    I've only been shooting handguns for about 16 months now. Prior to that, I had mostly shotguns and pellet guns.
    CCW class and the recent elections changed that for me. But since then I have taken to it with a small passion.

My handguns:

1. Charter Arms "Gator" 38 Special. The grip attracted me because it accommodated all five fingers. It was my CCW class weapon.

2. Walther P22, .22 semi-automatic. After a few sessions as the range, I realized that the .38 is not a cheap gun to take to the range. 50 shots cost around $18 average. I shot the P22 for over a year, but wished for a gun with better accuracy than it 3.4" barrel could give me. Was lucky to get all ten shots on an 8" target handheld at 7 yards. I recently bought the 5" barrel for it, and have it installed, but weather has been too bad to try it out!

3. Smith and Wesson SW22 VICTORY. Bought this one for myself at Christmas this year. Wow! LOVE IT! I get 3" handheld groups at 7 yards now. Installed a TK trigger, but again, have not tried it out.

Joe

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Hello!
    I've only been shooting handguns for about 16 months now. Prior to that, I had mostly shotguns and pellet guns.
    CCW class and the recent elections changed that for me. But since then I have taken to it with a small passion.

My handguns:

1. Charter Arms "Gator" 38 Special. The grip attracted me because it accommodated all five fingers. It was my CCW class weapon.

2. Walther P22, .22 semi-automatic. After a few sessions as the range, I realized that the .38 is not a cheap gun to take to the range. 50 shots cost around $18 average. I shot the P22 for over a year, but wished for a gun with better accuracy than it 3.4" barrel could give me. Was lucky to get all ten shots on an 8" target handheld at 7 yards. I recently bought the 5" barrel for it, and have it installed, but weather has been too bad to try it out!

3. Smith and Wesson SW22 VICTORY. Bought this one for myself at Christmas this year. Wow! LOVE IT! I get 3" handheld groups at 7 yards now. Installed a TK trigger, but again, have not tried it out.

Joe

Welcome! I'd recommend trying to get your ammo online...much cheaper.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Never have bought ammo online. Suggestions?

I get 9mm from octanemunitions. I would also recommend bulkammo.com.

If you buy in bulk online, you will be getting a lot better deal. For example, click here for 1000 rounds of .38 special for $289. If you shoot 50 rounds at that price, you are looking at $14.50 for 50 rounds instead of $18.

Mudbug00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2017
    Schriever, LA
    I got to shoot both of my .22's today. The 5" barrel on the Wather P22 is a real improvement!
    The TK trigger in the SW22 Victory made the trigger pressure about half as strong, as well as a much shorter trigger movement. I think I am seeing an improvement there too, but It's going to take more practice to get it strait.

Thanks everyone, for the tips on buying bulk online.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Welcome to BS. I first heard of Schriever about 1975 when I was working in a gravel pit in northern East Baton Rouge. It sounded like all the truck were hauling to Schriever

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John1994
    Top Bottom