Shooters Discount

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    On Target

User Info Menu

Best AR-10 off the shelf?

Not looking to spend any more than $2000 for an AR-10, but is something I would like to add to my growing firearm collection. I've done a lot of research but still haven't come to a decision. A few to name that I've considered.... Wyndham Weaponry R18FSFST-308 & Aero M5E1. Please feel free to include any tweaks or mods you made if you bought a good off the shelf AR-10.

I don't want to turn away any opinions/feedback, but I'm not in the market to build one this go round.

Fire away your suggestions!

-Myles

Not Banned!!!

User Info Menu

Well, not really specific on the brand but sticking with a dpms low pro type will allow the most options for rails, etc.

And stick with something that uses sr25 pattern mags, as the magpul offerings (and iwi, etc) are reasonably priced compared to the other types available.

This pretty much kills of Armalite, as they use a specific upper and lower and mags.

At 2k, you should be able to score a nice rifle, optioned as you like, right out of the box.
    "These Rocky Mountains aren't very rocky. Yeah, that John Denver is full of SH**!"

SSST

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Seekins has some really nice stuff that shoots.
    https://www.g4gguns.com/products/sem...0-811452027725

SSST

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Marksman

User Info Menu

POF USA.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Covington, La

1911 cool-aid drinker

User Info Menu

If I'm spending your money hands down JP LRP 07
    https://www.jprifles.com/1.2.5_LRP07.php

User Info Menu

DPMS G2 would be a fine choice. Most of their parts are interchangeable with ar15s.

User Info Menu

I love my Armalite, but its mags are proprietary. I suggest DPMS or something similar since you would have more interchangeability. My $.02.

On Target
    Site Sponsor

User Info Menu

The new armalites take sr25 mags. They haven’t been proprietary for three years or so.

On Target
    Site Sponsor

User Info Menu

The armalite Tac-16 is an awesome value for the money.

Ambi lower
    raptor charging handle
    mbus sights
    adjustable gas block
    keymod rail
    magpul buttstock/pistol grip
    ss barrel

Can be had for $1600.