Interstate Guns

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    On Target

User Info Menu

just picked up a Diamondback Arms in 6.5--very accurate $1100
    Hey Guys! Watch This!!!!!

Shooter

User Info Menu

Hard to beat a DPMS Oracle .308 for $736 shipped from buds guns. That's just a steal of a deal.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...%2F7.62NATO+16
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -- George Santayana

Marksman

User Info Menu

Hands down if you want quality and accuracy.
    They have several models, and they have other custom options.
    https://www.jprifles.com/1.2.1_PSC_12.php

Marksman

User Info Menu

I love JP but not for under 2K. Why not build one OP?

SEND IT

User Info Menu

I've got a Seekins in 6.5 Creedmoor that shoots really well. JP would be my other choice.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by asianpersuasion View Post
    I love JP but not for under 2K. Why not build one OP?
    You can't build one anywhere close to the cost of the DPMS. Its a buyer's market right now, been that way now for many months. If cost is not a factor, then by all means piece one together.
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -- George Santayana

Marksman

User Info Menu

Dpms isnt a bad option to pick up to hunt with or maybe plink with on occaision. But, I've been to allot of competitions both dynamic and non, and I can tell you that the failure rate among dpms versus Armalite, JP and a few others is very high. Not to mention the accuracy. You can put together a nice gun for 2k that will far exceed the quality and dependability of the dpms's of the world without much problem.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bigsampson View Post
    Dpms isnt a bad option to pick up to hunt with or maybe plink with on occaision. But, I've been to allot of competitions both dynamic and non, and I can tell you that the failure rate among dpms versus Armalite, JP and a few others is very high. Not to mention the accuracy. You can put together a nice gun for 2k that will far exceed the quality and dependability of the dpms's of the world without much problem.
    Well I sure hope so, at over twice the price. Most guys are pretty pleased with em, shooting 1 or 2 MOA with the right ammo. Some FTFs with the DPMS factory mags but switch to P mags, and that's history. No doubt you spend over twice the cash you will get something a bit more accurate, I would expect that.
    Last edited by John_; February 15th, 2018 at 03:57 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John_ View Post
    Hard to beat a DPMS Oracle .308 for $736 shipped from buds guns. That's just a steal of a deal.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...%2F7.62NATO+16
    Quote Originally Posted by John_ View Post
    You can't build one anywhere close to the cost of the DPMS. Its a buyer's market right now, been that way now for many months. If cost is not a factor, then by all means piece one together.
    Parts are cheap also. And for $750ish I could build a better rifle than the oracle

Marksman

User Info Menu

I have a dpms g2 bull that I am extremely happy with. It's well under $2000. Have shot everything from Malaysian surplus to hand loads. So far it has shot everything moa or better.