Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    On Target
    just picked up a Diamondback Arms in 6.5--very accurate $1100
    Hey Guys! Watch This!!!!!

Hard to beat a DPMS Oracle .308 for $736 shipped from buds guns. That's just a steal of a deal.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...%2F7.62NATO+16
    “I show my Kimber to my friends and my Glock to my enemies”

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -- George Santayana

Marksman
    Hands down if you want quality and accuracy.
    They have several models, and they have other custom options.
    https://www.jprifles.com/1.2.1_PSC_12.php

Marksman
    I love JP but not for under 2K. Why not build one OP?

I've got a Seekins in 6.5 Creedmoor that shoots really well. JP would be my other choice.

Quote Originally Posted by asianpersuasion View Post
    I love JP but not for under 2K. Why not build one OP?
    You can't build one anywhere close to the cost of the DPMS. Its a buyer's market right now, been that way now for many months. If cost is not a factor, then by all means piece one together.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -- George Santayana

Marksman
    Dpms isnt a bad option to pick up to hunt with or maybe plink with on occaision. But, I've been to allot of competitions both dynamic and non, and I can tell you that the failure rate among dpms versus Armalite, JP and a few others is very high. Not to mention the accuracy. You can put together a nice gun for 2k that will far exceed the quality and dependability of the dpms's of the world without much problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsampson View Post
    Dpms isnt a bad option to pick up to hunt with or maybe plink with on occaision. But, I've been to allot of competitions both dynamic and non, and I can tell you that the failure rate among dpms versus Armalite, JP and a few others is very high. Not to mention the accuracy. You can put together a nice gun for 2k that will far exceed the quality and dependability of the dpms's of the world without much problem.
    Well I sure hope so, at over twice the price. Most guys are pretty pleased with em, shooting 1 or 2 MOA with the right ammo. Some FTFs with the DPMS factory mags but switch to P mags, and that's history. No doubt you spend over twice the cash you will get something a bit more accurate, I would expect that.
    Last edited by John_; February 15th, 2018 at 04:57 PM.

Marksman
    Quote Originally Posted by John_ View Post
    Hard to beat a DPMS Oracle .308 for $736 shipped from buds guns. That's just a steal of a deal.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...%2F7.62NATO+16
    Quote Originally Posted by John_ View Post
    You can't build one anywhere close to the cost of the DPMS. Its a buyer's market right now, been that way now for many months. If cost is not a factor, then by all means piece one together.
    Parts are cheap also. And for $750ish I could build a better rifle than the oracle

On Target
    I have a dpms g2 bull that I am extremely happy with. It's well under $2000. Have shot everything from Malaysian surplus to hand loads. So far it has shot everything moa or better.