for those who have lived, traveled out of Louisiana, what guns dont you see here?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    i grew up in ohio, traveled all over in the army. biggest thing i have noticed since moving to louisiana is the lack of milsurp at gun/pawn shops.

most every gun/pawn shop i have been before i moved here always had at least a few milsurp rifles and pistols, some crates of ammo, or accessories.

old 1800's-1940s. western and Prohibition-ww2 era guns. im not talking the high dollar colts and s&w, but the daily shooters from ward, sears roebuck, jc penny, etc...

pistols/rifles in dead/discontinued cartridges, ie .38colt, .32s&w, .32waters, .300 savage, etc...

also traditional black powder stuff. rifles, muskets, shotguns, pistols, powder, balls, bullets, caps and flints, etc... its not super common outside of la, but its not uncommon either.

i moved down here before the boom(08) and have traveled out of state recently and still see the stuff(tho admittedly not as in as great of quantity since 08).

of note to me are some of my bucket list guns, Springfield 1892, webley mk2, or 4, revolver and lever gun in .38-40(or .32-20), browning high power.

ive seen tons of the guns i listed above out of state, but rarely since ive moved here, and never at anything like a realistic price. pitted as hell webley mk3 for $500?! bubba'ed Springfield 1892 $2500!?

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I'm from Pennsylvania originally. Single action revolvers, levers, Ruger No. 1s, Thompson Centers, and argue a generally good revolver selection. Usually need to go outside the State.

Jstevens56

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2017
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Moved here last year from MD. Even though there are restrictive gun laws there the rate of gun ownership is high. You see a lot of everything. Big on Ar's, all types of handguns and large on C&R guns, especially mosins and Enfields. The forum that I was active in, MDShooters.com has a very active membership. Much different than down here in the south.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    enfields, i have not seen one since i moved. my tiny home town, with in a no rifle hunting state had a lgs that sold several hundred a year, and crates of ammo.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    I agree mil-surps are very hard to come by in LA, I moved from WA state several years ago and they were everywhere there.. The only gun shop that has the mil-surps is Arms Merchant in Mandeville as he has a long-time consignee with a vast collection being liquidated through his shop... even has a M1 Garand sniper for sale...

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I agree mil-surps are very hard to come by in LA, I moved from WA state several years ago and they were everywhere there.. The only gun shop that has the mil-surps is Arms Merchant in Mandeville as he has a long-time consignee with a vast collection being liquidated through his shop... even has a M1 Garand sniper for sale...

Cool, an real M1-c or M1-d! I should have gotten one, from the CMP back in the days of cheap Garands
    I did get a Springfield collector grade that is 99% though.
    I miss the boat on Swiss, and Masuers.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Cool, an real M1-c or M1-d! I should have gotten one, from the CMP back in the days of cheap Garands
    I did get a Springfield collector grade that is 99% though.
    I miss the boat on Swiss, and Masuers.

Easier to link the site as a few of the consignment firearms he puts up online... http://www.armsmerchantllc.com/product/springfield-m1-garand-d-variant/

I greatly expanded my collection through the shop before having to leave the country... Hope to continue once I return... My favorite I got from him has to be a dead tie between the Model 1906 winchester pump 22 (made in 1909), and the RC K98K that shoots like a laser.... Was eyeing the p38 he has but its a bit high priced for my liking... I would love a p38... or a luger but I can actually afford a p38... plus less jamming when shooting lol

I need to get more US surplus since the market seems to have dropped prices a bit recently...

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Do many people here have their C&R? My renewal just came in the mail this week.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Until recently I have been moving around too much to do that but that should change... I plan on getting it again soon... if only to go through SOG since some deals can be had there...

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    enfields, i have not seen one since i moved. my tiny home town, with in a no rifle hunting state had a lgs that sold several hundred a year, and crates of ammo.

If you ever travel to Lafayette, Daves Gunshop usually has a decent C&R inventory. I've seen several Enfields in the last year or so, but I don't know if they have one now. Prices are reasonable enough that their inventory is usually changing.

Top Bottom