Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 45

Thread: Knife Sharpener

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaJoe View Post
    For a day to day knife to use, it is hard to beat this for the price. My nephew dressed several deer with one like this.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&tag=jdteta-20
    Just got mine in the other day and love it, looks like I am carrying a steak knife around lol. Like the scandi grand, super easy to keep a good working edge on it. I got a set of cheap stones and was able to get a little better edge on it then it came with. Those Morakniv knifes are what I would recommend to anyone now...
    Motorcycles and guns, how fun....

User Info Menu

Good info here. Does it sharpen the serrated edge as well as a straight?

User Info Menu

Learned to sharpen knives from a butcher at 14yr old. Always used stones , then went to Lansky, now to Ken Onion for ease @69. Always keep a good steel or ceramic to touch up your knive while using. Also a tip a lot of people don’t know. If your in the boonies and need to touch up a blade, roll your window down and backstroke the blade on the glass upper edge. Works wonders.

Marksman

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I have a work sharp and it does a good job (be careful with the point of your knife). But more than half the time I grab a cheap RADA sharpener and am more than happy with the results. They run about 8 bucks on Amazon and ebay.

On Target

User Info Menu

I enjoy my Ken Onion WorkSharp, and seem to have created another hobby- buying extra belts to try.

Recently I bought several grits of diamond belts. I’ve now restored the edges to 8 ceramic blades. It’s nice to use them again.

Actually, 2 of the ceramic blades are Kyocera. They offer “lifetime sharpening service.” However there is a $25 “shipping and handling fee.”

I guess I just saved $50 bucks (less the $10 for the diamond belt.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk