Knife Sharpener

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    For a day to day knife to use, it is hard to beat this for the price. My nephew dressed several deer with one like this.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TNWD40/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004TNWD40&linkCode=as2&tag=jdteta-20

Just got mine in the other day and love it, looks like I am carrying a steak knife around lol. Like the scandi grand, super easy to keep a good working edge on it. I got a set of cheap stones and was able to get a little better edge on it then it came with. Those Morakniv knifes are what I would recommend to anyone now...

DannyI

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    SW Louisiana
    Learned to sharpen knives from a butcher at 14yr old. Always used stones , then went to Lansky, now to Ken Onion for ease @69. Always keep a good steel or ceramic to touch up your knive while using. Also a tip a lot of people don’t know. If your in the boonies and need to touch up a blade, roll your window down and backstroke the blade on the glass upper edge. Works wonders.

Boomer453

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2019
    Many, louisiana
    I have a work sharp and it does a good job (be careful with the point of your knife). But more than half the time I grab a cheap RADA sharpener and am more than happy with the results. They run about 8 bucks on Amazon and ebay.

SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I enjoy my Ken Onion WorkSharp, and seem to have created another hobby- buying extra belts to try.

Recently I bought several grits of diamond belts. I’ve now restored the edges to 8 ceramic blades. It’s nice to use them again.

Actually, 2 of the ceramic blades are Kyocera. They offer “lifetime sharpening service.” However there is a $25 “shipping and handling fee.”

I guess I just saved $50 bucks (less the $10 for the diamond belt.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom