Muzzle Device Prices...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Can anyone tell me why muzzle devices are so expensive?

PSA just sent me an email and they have the Lantac Dragon on special for 99 bucks, down from 130. Wow, what a deal! I can get a BCG, NiB coated, for that price... Or 3 lowers. Or pay for more than half of a decent barrel, which is orders of magnitude more material and machining operations.

Is it because most people just despise an A2 FH so much that they can justify all that money for a lightly machined piece of steel?

Or are these expensive parts only supposed to screw on a 2k rifle, the fact that they can fit a 500 dollar AR is just a coincidence?

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Because they are all the rage. Plain and simple. And people who wanna make a buck will make as many bucks as people will give them. Same goes for suppressors. Do you think it actually costs even 10% of the retail price to build any suppressor? It does not. I feel your pain.

Last edited:

jcm055

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Ruston LA
    I agree some of them are a bit ridiculous but you seemingly get results. That said it appears there are some in the affordable range that yield good results. I'm sure you've seen TTAG's muzzle device tests but in case you haven't there's a link below. I traded my A2 for one a friend had on a bolt action .223 rifle and I would say for a good brake/comp I would justify it after seeing the improvement this cheaper one has made for me.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/10/jeremy-s/ar-15-muzzle-brake-shootout-3/

Sulzer

Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Do you think it actually costs even 10% of the retail price to build any suppressor?

Pricing isn't always so direct. There's more to the cost of a silencer, or any widget, than just the materials and "build" time. The retail price needs to cover the associated overhead cost of the retailer, the distributor and the manufacturer as well as generate a profit for all three. Ultimately the market will determine if that price is sustainable. The silencer industry had a rough year last year, I don't think there was a whole lot of profiting going on for them.

Top Bottom