Streamlight TLR-7

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gravelface

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    I-55@I-12
    I should look into a weapon light, but even after 8 years of night shift, I found I never *needed* one.

Surefire (for me) was crap, short 3’ drop and bam....2 lights broke.

Fenix, dropped from standing on a 6’ ladder, so I’m guessing 10’ onto concrete floor and never missed a beat. Hardest most durable lights. Zebra is also excellent brand.

For house lights I like my AA, AAA, for work lights rechargeable 18650s.... never had to worry about dead batteries, 4 batteries ...2 on charger, 2 in lights. Never failed.

Last edited:

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    And for the people who actually kill people, they don't want that garbage either.

"Hold on guys, I left my charger at home."

lol. having been one of those people....
    i had tons more access to electric power(inverters, solar panels, fobs, etc...) than batteries. cr123 were more scarce than 5.56 when i was deployed. nods, surefire flashlights, and streamlight wml, an-peq, etc... if it didnt take or could be adapted to rechargeable aa batteries then it was non functional at least 50% of the time.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    lol. having been one of those people....
    i had tons more access to electric power(inverters, solar panels, fobs, etc...) than batteries. cr123 were more scarce than 5.56 when i was deployed. nods, surefire flashlights, and streamlight wml, an-peq, etc... if it didnt take or could be adapted to rechargeable aa batteries then it was non functional at least 50% of the time.

So you were using 18650's in everything?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I use a 18650 in my EDC and recharge it, but I also keep a ton of CR123s on hand as well (I have them everywhere, lol) in case my battery gets low and I don't have an opportunity to recharge it. With that being said, the battery gets charged frequently enough where it's always above 75%.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Was going to go with tlr 6 but now that the 8 is out... decisions...

I have the 6 on a gun and it's pretty useless brightness wise. Basically a last resort type thing if my handheld light fails or something bad happens. I would also advise against the laser. Frankly it just isn't worth the extra $.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Got my TLR7 this week. A lot brighter and crisper light than my TLR2s. And a LOT smaller, even taking the TLR2s laser into consideration. Not completely comfortable with the switch. It's an ambi click bar, not a rocker like the 2, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. For $104, it was a fantastic purchase. Hope everyone who was interested took advantage of that deal, the other day.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Got my TLR7 this week. A lot brighter and crisper light than my TLR2s. And a LOT smaller, even taking the TLR2s laser into consideration. Not completely comfortable with the switch. It's an ambi click bar, not a rocker like the 2, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. For $104, it was a fantastic purchase. Hope everyone who was interested took advantage of that deal, the other day.

Once I saw that the momentary switch is practically useless, I decided to pass on the deals. I'll stick with my TLR-1 HL.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Once I saw that the momentary switch is practically useless, I decided to pass on the deals. I'll stick with my TLR-1 HL.

It's not momentary. Unless there's an option that I haven't fooled with, it's a click on either side and it stays on. You don't have to hold it down. It's just a different pressure and angle than the rocker switch.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    It's not momentary. Unless there's an option that I haven't fooled with, it's a click on either side and it stays on. You don't have to hold it down. It's just a different pressure and angle than the rocker switch.

Maybe I'm seeing things. I was under the assumption that you pushed forward for momentary and pushed in for constant on. If that's not the case, that's even more useless.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Maybe I'm seeing things. I was under the assumption that you pushed forward for momentary and pushed in for constant on. If that's not the case, that's even more useless.

Ah, I didn't read thru the instructions yet, I was just playing with it. However, the switches are almost flush, so pushing forward will probably be annoying. I'll report back.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Ok, if you push and immediately let go, it stays on. Push and hold for a second and it's momentary. However, if you push and let go too quickly, it will stay on, so your "momentary" push has to be a moment and a half...

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Ok, if you push and immediately let go, it stays on. Push and hold for a second and it's momentary. However, if you push and let go too quickly, it will stay on, so your "momentary" push has to be a moment and a half...

Sounds like it’s similar to the inforce I had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2018
    Dobbs Ferry, NY
    I find it odd that no one has been talking about this on bayoushooter. I think this light is going to be a big seller.
    https://youtu.be/HvOR77nSPAQ
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I got one a few months ago.
    I dig it. I like the fact that on my Glock 19, the lights right at my muzzle to it makes for a low profile holster, unlike my TLR-1 that extends well past the muzzle.
    Only downside is the on/off switch is a bit far from the index finger on the shooting hand. I have found the support hand works best as a control hand. I still prefer a support hand held flashlight over any weapon mounted light any day, but the TLR-7 is a great option.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom