Streamlight TLR-7

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I carry a streamlight HLX and a protac 2LX at work with 18650s. I keep a charger on the nightstand and one in my unit with spare batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I love the HL4. The thing is a beast and is great for out here on the farm. I just bought my Dad one for Christmas and a charger to go along with it.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Not worried too much about capacity as long as it is bright enough.

The only way you're getting more lumens is with more capacity.

500 lumens from a single CR123 is pushing it, but that's also why it only has a 4,300 candela rating.

Most small lights, except for the XC1 and now TLR-7, run on a CR2.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    The only way you're getting more lumens is with more capacity.

500 lumens from a single CR123 is pushing it, but that's also why it only has a 4,300 candela rating.

Most small lights, except for the XC1 and now TLR-7, run on a CR2.

Yup. Have several that run off of CR2 as well. Tired of worrying about and keeping stock of poorly designed, antiquated non-rechargeable batteries. Once I find a reasonably priced, reliable option for pistols, then all my CR123 and CR2 pistol lights will go up for sale as well.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    There ARE rechargeable CR123's, but no one uses them. You gain nothing from them.

18650's are about the only rechargeables worth using.

Yup. Tried them, just not a reliable or viable option.

Now an 18350 or 18500 option would be nice, but not mainstream enough to make it into a quality pistol light. Not yet at least......

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    You won't see rechargeable WML's being used by any LE agency or Mil division any time soon.

Agreed. Though I notice Pelican is starting to move to small rechargeable handhelds and such. Definitely a new trend with the big boys. Until it manifests into WML, I'll stick with what I have or invest in the AAA streamlight if the price drops. What I won't be doing is throwing any more money at anything that requires antiquated CR123 or CR2 for that matter.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    How are AA Rechargeables? Instead of CR123?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    $215.00. It’s in the video in the OP at around the 12:38 mark.

I heard that when I finally got to sit down and watch the video. And mikey posted a link to Dodd Sports in post #9. They have the MSRP with a street price of $143ish, priced pretty consistently with the TLR-1 and TLR-1 HL and their lumen level.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Now someone needs to buy one, realize they don't like it, and then post it on here for sale so I can get it for even lower :ninja:

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    CR123 is a deal breaker for me. I've phased out every light I have that requires them.

i dont know why companies are not going to rechargable battery packs. you can build a hicap rechargable battery pack better shaped for a wml than the 123, and it would save space as well.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    i dont know why companies are not going to rechargable battery packs. you can build a hicap rechargable battery pack better shaped for a wml than the 123, and it would save space as well.

Surefire released a new light that utilizes 18650's, and Olight has rechargeable WML's.

As previously mentioned, there are no good rechargeable alternatives for CR123, CR2, AA, & AAA in a WML. WML's are not used as frequently as hand held lights, so there isn't much reason for rechargeable batteries.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I hate rechargable batteries. It’s just too easy to keep a couple dozen batteries on hand and slap them in when needed.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I hate rechargable batteries. It’s just too easy to keep a couple dozen batteries on hand and slap them in when needed.

And for the people who actually kill people, they don't want that garbage either.

"Hold on guys, I left my charger at home."

Top Bottom